Thread: Dban

Default Dban

Hi there, not good with computers. Have downloaded dban to desktop, how to transfer to disk? what do i need to do now

Hi Samtu,

Welcome to Help2Go!

May I ask why you need to use DBAN (Darik's Boot and Nuke)? Anyone of the dedicated members here at Help2Go would be more then happy to help if you are not good with computers. DBAN will wipe everything from your Hard Drive leaving it completely blank.

Here's a guide on How do I make a bootable CD or bootable DVD with the ISO file?

To prevent disaster, please fill us in on your intentions.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Hi Samtu,

I didn't get an email notification when you posted in my visitor messages. I'll copy and paste what you posted below so the other members here can comment/help as well.

Hello DonnaB thanks for the reply passing on computer, some company stuff needs removing and bank details. Have downloaded dban and burned the iso image, starts off ok but stops PCI sfc and that's it, if you can help would be great all the best Samtu.
    Could you explain in detail what you are trying to achieve? Dban is used prior to reformatting the HD. Not to remove specific files. It will completely wipe everything from your drive leaving the HD blank and ready for a fresh install of an OS. I don't think you want it for that purpose.

Is this a work/company computer you are trying to remove files and other information from?

Please explain so we can guide you appropriately and prevent a disaster just waiting to happen.

Thank you,

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"