Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bsod 0x000000d1 pciidex.sys when installing windows xp sp3 after format

i just tried it not too long ago. i had windows from the cd format the drive. which i formatted before that. the install seemed to go smoothly. however i didn't watch it. i turned off the monitor and walked away for hours. i changed the boot order from cd to hdd because it was setup as cd first when i was trying to trouble shoot some problems. once i changed the boot priority back to hdd first. the windows installer started and then i get 0x000000d1 and it mentioned the file pciidex.sys, i tired a reboot and then it gave me a bsod of 0x00000007f. i dont think files were mentioned. that's all i've tried thus far. ive googled but any answers require windows to already be installed i think. could anyone help me?
    my cpu is amd... not sure if want anymore. i can dig it up somehow ;s

Hi Dnst3qface,

What is the make and model of the computer?

Were you having issues before you decided to reinstall XP?

The error appears to be a possible bios up- date issue so far from what I've seen.

Joe

here's my make n model n stuff
    Code:
     Operating System:
        Windows XP Home 
    Antivirus Software:
        Nod32 
    Firewall:
        Router firewall 
    Computer:
        SR1603WM 
    CPU:
        amd athlon 64 3800+ 
    Motherboard:
        AmberineM-GL6E 
    Ram:
        ddr 400 sdram dimm 3.18GB 
    Storage:
        hatachi 80GB 7.5k rpm ide, samsung spinpoint 1TB 7.5k rpm sata 
    Video Card:
        ati radeon xpress 200 series 
    Soundcard:
        realtek ac'97
    i was trying to deal with: failed boot repair n' whatnot. hal.dll missing, that is the tip of the iceberg?
    but i said screw it. i formatted the 80gb drive. then started the pc up and followed through with what i first posted. is there anything else?

FYI,

The Service Pack 3 update copies an Intel power management driver to the computer that was not on the computer before the update. During Windows startup, computers with AMD processors may experience a blue screen error that displays similar to the following:

See link,
    Computer Restarts after Displaying Stop Error 0x0000007E (After Updating with Service Pack 3 for Windows XP) - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Best I can do for now. It's a starting place or something to think about that could be causing issues.

Also

Does your AMD-based computer boot after installing XP SP3?

Does your AMD-based computer boot after installing XP SP3? - Jesper's Blog

Joe
    Last edited by zep516; 06-02-2012 at 01:25 PM.

well i dont know why but the restore thing wasnt in the choices of os. also safe mode did not start. so i did as the page said and renamed that intel file by using the recovery console from the cd. after another reboot it seemed to me that the install was going to restarted. as windows stated it was restarting the install. however i received another bsod. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL 0x0000000A. no files were mentioned. what do you think?

i looked online and found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063
    i followed the instructions up to disabling cmos settings. i could only disable plug and play OS. after a reboot i get 0x000000D1, driver irql not less or equal. jeez!
    Last edited by Dnst3qface; 06-02-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.

You receive a "Stop error code 0x0000000A (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)" error message in Windows XP

I don't have a straight answer for you right now, but I will continue to look for you.

I guess we cant run these, cause you can't boot to windows,

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...h-information/

or

Lets see if we can see what's causing the Blue Screen

Download WhoCrashed
    This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.

• Put a tick in Accept then click on Next.
    • Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next.
    • Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon.
    • then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish.
    • Click Analyze
    • It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes

WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it.
    Copy and paste it into your next reply.

Joe

Blog Entries

Just to jump in a second

Can you remove the HDD and reformat it on another computer ... using a USB HDD adapter or a HDD enclosure then put it back on your computer and try the WinXP install again? (do not forget to make it the master after the reformat on your computer)

The HDD needs to be reformatted correctly
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

well i do have hirens boot cd installed on a usb drive. which is what i used to format the hdd on another computer. does this meet the usb requirements? however i bad news... ive tried to run mini windows and also the mini windows from ubcd on the actual computer and neither of them worked. i would see the windows logo loading screen but the pc reboots. the winubcd was the latest one but burned on a cd.

how do i run that crash report or the driver thingy when i can't log onto windows??

a few more things i guess: i decided to check the bios for any errors and retry a restart. before this when i tried a bsod of IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL 0x0000000A. funny thing is the graphics setting was set to pci, even after i loaded default bios. i witched to on-bored and auto'd the audio setting in the bios. after this i rebooted and it seemed to work.... but right after windows said restarting dot dot dot, it took me to a light blue background and nothing happened for hours. just thought id let you all know. i restarted again and each time no bsods. i would only see the windows xp logo with the loading bar underneath it and then it would just restart on its own.

oh i misunderstood... usb adapter? i dont have any of those which you mentioned. are they cheap?

which one is cheaper? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812232002 or enclosure ?
    the enclosure seems to be the cheapest deal. plus i have a drive or 2 i'd like to rip data off or use as a usb drive, heh. i just hope it's not too slow.
    Last edited by Dnst3qface; 06-02-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Blog Entries

I prefer the adapter...make sure it matches your HDD type (SATA/IDE etc)....most have attachments for various type HDD's
    (yours (@ newegg) does both SATA/IDE )

Should be fine for formatting....depends on the HDD size...it is what it is
    Moving large data seems to work OK too...it will take some time none-the-less

Better than a anchor for a computer (just joking)

Very easy to use vs an enclosure

Edit: @ 759AM...be sure the HDD is set (jumpers) to master unless the instructions say otherwise
    Last edited by abseh1; 06-03-2012 at 07:57 AM.
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

alright, just so i am on the same page. i should purchase the adapter. once i have it i should then format the drive to ntfs or my preferred partition type, right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast