Default "live security platinum" program/virus cannot remove

Running XP pro. In safe mode with networking ran malwarbytes. I was unable to update however I did run quick scan and nothing found. Next went to add remove programs and found the program. When I click add/remove nothing happens. This is a huge file 1418 MB. Help

Normally i dont advise on removal of viruses, but this is posted here: Removal instructions for Live Security Platinum - Malwarebytes Forum

Please note: you use these instructions at your own risk, i am not malware trained!
    You should post in the spyware forum to get the best advice.

------------------------------------------------------------

In order for this to work, you must already have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.60 or later already installed on your infected PC.

• Open the program folder for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (normally C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware)
    • Once there, open the Chameleon folder
    • Next, double-click on svchost.exe. This should result in a black DOS/command prompt window opening up.
    • Press any key to continue as it says in the window
    • Malwarebytes Chameleon will proceed to update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, so ensure that you are connected to the internet if possible
    • Once the update completes and it says your database is updated, click on OK
    • Malwarebytes Chameleon will then terminate any threats running in memory, which may take a while, so please be patient
    • Upon completion, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will open automatically and perform a Quick scan
    • Once the scan is complete, click on Show Results and remove any threats that are found by clicking Remove Selected
    • If prompted to restart your computer to complete the removal process, click Yes
    • After your computer restarts, open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and perform one last Quick scan to verify that there are no remaining threats
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

For some reason I cannot connect to Internet in safe mode with networking. Connection/modem
    is fine as I am using iPad to reply.

don't use safe mode with networking. just follow the steps above.
    these should be done in normal mode as far as i can tell.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

I have more questions. should I repost on spyware forum?

My problem is getting worse. I cannot open web browsers or get into Malwarebytes. the virus says each file I attempt to open is infected. When I went to the spyware forum, logs were requested and I am unable to get the the programs to download the files. So I am back here seeking help.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi cayermann, Yes, I would suggest you post in the Spyware Forum. Fireman4it will walk you through the process as it pertains to your particular OS ... he's really good at this!!

thanks will do.