Default Periodically, a box pops up withthe the following message: TypeError: text is undefin

Periodically, a box pops up with the the following message: TypeError: text is undefined. It seems to be more of a nuasance as I can click OK amnd it goes away. However, I did not know if perhaps it as harmful. Where did it come from and how do I get rid of it?

I have a Dell Studip 17" 1737 laptop, with Win 7 64 bts, 8 gbs.

While a better than average PC operator, I am 100% self taught and no privy to fancy terms!

Thanks so much for any help available.
    Last edited by Canuck; 06-09-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Turn off the add-ons and see if the message stops popping up. If so, turn each add-on on one at a time (add one, close browser, then open browser) then add another .. do this until the popup appears .. this one will be the problem, uninstall it and you should be OK (turn other add-ons on).

Hope this helps, others may have input, so stay tuned.

I have deleted your e-mail address as we do not respond that way and secondly, we advise not putting your e-mail address on public sites as they are easily picked up by spammers.

Hi Kaly,

Would you happen to be using Firefox as your browser? If so, try the instructions to enter Safe Mode in Firefox. Please note that Safe Mode in Firefox is not the same as Safe Mode in Windows. This is the same thing as Canuck instructs to do above. Once in you have Firefox in Safe Mode please follow the instructions Canuck provided above by turning on each add-on one at a time till you find the culprit. If it doesn't solve your problem, let us know.

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode

If you are using IE, to run Internet Explorer in No Add-ons mode:

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Default Reply (I hope I am doing this right...text below)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    Turn off the add-ons and see if the message stops popping up. If so, turn each add-on on one at a time (add one, close browser, then open browser) then add another .. do this until the popup appears .. this one will be the problem, uninstall it and you should be OK (turn other add-ons on).

Hope this helps, others may have input, so stay tuned.

I have deleted your e-mail address as we do not respond that way and secondly, we advise not putting your e-mail address on public sites as they are easily picked up by spammers.
    REPLY: Thanks to both of you for the help. Pop ups was already turned off. I couldn't find where my add-ons were listed anywhere so I just turned them all off, restarted, and still got the message. Wnet into SAFE MODE and did the same thing, but still got the pop-up. It could be by not knowing where to fing my popups, that's my proble. I used to know all that like the back of my habd, but haven't used any of it in several years and can't make heads nor tails out of anything.

Thanks again for helping here. I excited to find a site such as this. This is great! kw

Hi Kaly,

You're welcome

Could you explain to us what you are doing when this happens?

Does this happen on one particular web site that you visit?
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"