Default Too many processes runing?

This is a new HP mini 110-3731CL, with 2 Gb Ram, Intel Atom CPU N455, 1.66 GHz, 32 bit Windows 7 Starter. It seems to run too slowly (I already maxed out the RAM) and the only thing I can think of is there are 72 processes running. Isn't that too many?

Any suggestions about which processes to stop or delete would be appreciated. Any other suggestions how to speed it up would also be welcomed.

Thanks

Blog Entries

I would start by removing Norton...if you have not...it is a resource hog

Then install Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Not being rude or judgmental but that is a low end processor and Windows7 Starter is what it is...

The processes should be fine but you can run The PC Decrapifier Wipes Unwanted Junk | The PC Decrapifier

Also, remove any programs that you do not use from the Add remove...in windows7 it will be in the control panel and is called
    "Programs and features"

You can also, run it in best performance option...type "adjust" in the search window look up and click the option....then select the bullet to run it in best performance option
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

I've just been informed of, and had a play with Soluto.

It basically scans your PC, lets you know whats running and advises what you can disable. Later on down the line it will also tell you about program crashes, and whats starting up.
    Once its scanned, your taken to a webpage where your results are shown.

I wouldn't mind a few guinnie pigs to try this out with me and let the forum know what your opinion is, so we can recommend it in the future.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Looks like we're hijacking this thread!

Further discussion on Soluto to be made in the following thread please. i'll get our other comments moved there too, so the origional poster can have their thread back

Soluto - Discussion
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Intel Atom CPU N455, 1.66 GHz, 32 bit Windows 7 Starter. It seems to run too slowly
    Not being rude or judgmental but that is a low end processor
    I agree. But not just because it is a low-end (in power, not necessarily in quality/reliability) processor, but because the computer is a netbook. Netbooks have never been known as power machines. Everything about them is slow - compared to "normal" computers - the bus, the clock speeds, I/Os, etc. In fact, they were (are) a commercial failure - or at least, not a success. And poor performance is the main reason.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────