Default Autocomplete function, Is there a way to edit?

HI,

I know others have this problem too. When sending an e-mail and you start typing the name in the "to" section, suggestions are made, a great idea, and I don't want to turn it off. But I have people who have changed their e-mail address and I can not remember which is the correct one as both pop up. I have tried erasing them from my contact list, but that doesnt help. I do not use Outlook, the majority of the time I use webmail. (I did hear of a program called Nk2view - have not tried it - from How to Geek, go to the article - Manage your Outlook e-mail address - autocomplete list - this is for those of you who do have the same problem but use Outlook, you already have an answer) Back to me, does anyone know of any other solutions? This is an old problem for me and has happened on every computer I have had, but for the record, I have a Lenovo, Windows 7, happens in Firefox and IE. All help appreciated!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

and I don't want to turn it off
    You might try running a good crud cleaner. Window's own Disk Cleanup is a good start. CCleaner is excellent (though the use of the Registry Cleaner feature is discouraged). This may wipe out all your current auto-complete suggestions, but it will allow you to start over with just the right addresses.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────