Default Problems, possibly Windows 8

Hi guys this is my first post I am in dire need of help

I am currently writing to you from a new pc which i built myself, the specs are:

i5 3570K
    UD3H Z77 motherboard
    8GB Adata RAM
    500W Coolermaster Silent Pro PSU
    MSI 6850 OC
    Seagate 500GB HDD
    DVD-RW
    Zalman Z9 Case

The problem is hard to explain. I am using Windows 8 however.

The computer boots fine but it will randomly restart sometimes when it finds errors, these can either be OS errors or ones I have no idea what they are connected with.
    Also when in mid game the game my just shut down and go to desktop, with no warning and temps of either the GPU or CPU at load no more than 63 degrees Celsius.
    When I try to download some things, especially the game EVE online the download does not run properly and then I recieve erros which are linked to the download when I try to load the game.
    The internet specifically Chrome will crash at times and need to be closed with no hint of reason.

Could this be down to the OS, Windows 8? If not what could be causing these problems.

Thank you, looking forward to your help.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

The last I heard was a possible release for Win 8 being October. That being the case, I assume you are using a beta version of Win 8. The biggest problem with beta programs is that there is no support, and that's the reason that people who are not program savy are advised not to try them.

Having built your own PC (my hat is off to you), there would of course be no way for anyone to analyze a hardware problem. I would suggest you reformat your HD and install an os that we know is stable (win 7) and then see if the PC has problems. If not, you can assume it's Win 8 that the problem.

Others may have input for you, so stay tuned.

Blog Entries

Edit: I have the same info as Canuck....we posted together...I missed the post from Canuck...but I agree with his idea

As of July 31 2012

Maybe you can get some help from a Win8 Forum if you have beta or an RC release
    http://www.eightforums.com/
    If it has been released in a final download....let us know

Windows 8 release date

The launch of the Windows 8 operating will be on 26 October. President of Window's at Microsoft, Steven Sinofsky, revealed the Windows 8 release date at the company's annual sales meeting.

Read more: Windows 8 release date and features UK - PC Advisor

Windows 8 release date

The launch of the Windows 8 operating will be on 26 October. President of Window's at Microsoft, Steven Sinofsky, revealed the Windows 8 release date at the company's annual sales meeting.

Read more: Windows 8 release date and features UK - PC Advisor
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Well I have just done a fresh install of the OS. I would much prefer to use Windows 7 however can you get a 64 bit of Windows 7 free for two months? Only reason I am using Windows 8 is because when I go to college in September I will be able to purchase Windows 7 at a lower rate using student discount.

And thanks for the build comment It was frustrating to say the least but also fun until it didnt work

Blog Entries

Still would like the Win 8 version?

Yep.... nice build...good job
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Personally I despise Windows 8. But Windows 7 is now ordered and should be delivered tomorrow.
    We'll soon find out whether it was an OS problem or something much bigger.