Default Error 1068, The Dependency Service or Group Failed to Start

Have a new desktop scanner, Xerox Documate 515. Upon first attempt to use it, pushed the Scan button, nothing happened. Tried again, still nothing. Called Xerox. Tech "showed" me how to use the scanner by right clicking the appropriate icon, but Scan Button remained "dead." After some trouble shooting steps, tech told me that the Windows Acquisition Service was not working on my computer - a Vista problem on my particular machine. Apparently the tech figured this out via Error 1068, the Dependency Service or Group Failed to Start. Checked online for a solution: Start, Run, service.msc. Services screen states that the service is stopped, that the Startup Type is automatic. Hit Start and Refresh, but service will not start, continually get Error 1068. Under Properties, get C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc for Path to Executable. None of the Recovery Steps seem to work. I don't understand the Dependencies Tab. Do I need to type the right info in the Start parameters box? If so, I don't know what the right info is.

My info: Vista Home Premium, 64 bit, HP Pavilion, Intel Core2 Duo CPU, E7500, 2.93GHz. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

In Vista, make sure when changing anything in service.msc that you 'run as administrator'. Hope this helps, stay tuned as others may have input.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck For This Useful Post:

Hi -
    Trouble Shooting and Information on DocuMate 515 for Windows 7 / Vista / XP
    Manual for DocuMate 515 This is the detailed manual and trouble shooter for the scanner
    The Current Drivers for your Scanner From Xerox site
    Readme Important notes to read before installing. English Version

Good Luck -
    ******************************************************************************************
    XP SP3 Desktop (custom built) - Toshiba laptop Windows 7 SP1 - M.S.E. - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - SuperANTISpyware -

Press F5 if you are waiting for an answer ... There may be one waiting for you ......If not the answer is always 42... or REBOOT...

I had a scanner like that one, back in the 90's. Voodoo worked for me finally. Never had a problem with it after that chicken dance...

Blog Entries

asoonerurse

Tks...I have added the chicken dance to my fixit files for future use...abs
    chicken dance ha ha - YouTube
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer