Default Networking copying files

I have two pcs using window 7, 32 bit and one 64 bit networked in my home. Both are Dell one is a new laptop (64bit) and one is an older desktop (32 bit) I have them networked and I can see both pc from either desktop. My problem is that I can transfer files only one way from the laptop to the desktop. When I try to transfer them from my desktop. I get a "you do not have permission to do this "message. I have researched permissions and security settings but can't figured out how to fix this. I could use some assistance.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Getting started

Basically...all computers need to have the same work-group name...Win7 is easy...it gives a password during setup

You need to have a home network before you start because a homegroup is essentially a file and printer sharing "overlay" on an existing network. If you don't already have a network, see Start here to set up a network.

Also, make sure that your current network location is set to "Home network" (you can check it in Network and Sharing Center) because HomeGroup only works on networks set to the Home network location.

If you need to change the network location, click the current setting, and then pick the one you want.
    (Don't change a public network to the Home network location, though. That's usually not safe.)

Home sweet homegroup: Networking the easy way in Windows 7

BTW: Same with a printer....it needs to be set to share printers to allow others to print
    (This is done in the Printer properties)
    Last edited by abseh1; 09-30-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Blog Entries

More info

As soon as Windows 7 is installed, it creates a default Home-Group.

If it detects an existing Home-Group, you will be given the opportunity to join, but you will need the password

How to find the password

You will have been given a password on the first install of the OS

To find it go to the control panel click "network and sharing center"
    Then click the "choose home-group and sharing options"

On the bottom under "other home-group actions" click the link "view or print the home-group password"

Use that to access the desktop via the laptop
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer