Default Vista 32bit Auto-updates

Hi all

Have Vista Home Premium Version 6 installed on my PC as OS.

Have Windows update set to automatically update 'important' and this appears to be working.

Today I downloaded an Android emulator from bluestacks with the intention the of installing Whatsapp Messenger for PC.

When I tried to load the Android emulator I got an onscreen message advising that Vista Service Pack 2 is a pre-requisite.

I have searched right through the downloaded windows updates and can find no record of SP2 or even SP1 ever having been downloaded. Nor do they appear in the optional recommended updates.

Are SP1 and SP2 optional?

If this is the case then presumably I will have to download / install SP1 then download / install SP2.

Am I likely to run into any problems with these updates?

Any suggestions?

Hi whitenoiz,

SP1 and SP2 are recommended updates. Not optional's. I'm surprised that the SP's are not installed if you have WU set to automatic and your Vista OS is a legit, licensed copy of Windows.

Below you'll find a link that will help to install each SP:

How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack

Please remember to install the correct SP version for your OS:

x86 = 32-bit
    x64 = 64-bit

Let me know if you have any trouble.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"