Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question PC can't start, first charge screen appears error

Hi, i have a problem, i had inactive my pc during 1 year, and now i've wanted to use it again but i found an annoying problem, when i turn on , in the first charge screen, appears the next :

WAIT
    Auto-Detecting Pri Master .. Press <ESC> to abort_

And nothing, it stay there... Ive tried to enter to the BIOS and check whats happen and there appear that there isnt HDD, so i select the option about auto-detecting hdd but there also stay of the same way...

Please help me, ive tried everything ive thought and i ve post this problem in many other support pages but, nothing!

Thanks a lot

Hi

Welcome to Help2Go

If you don't see the HDD Hard drive in the BIOS, Then most likely the hard dive is disconnected or has failed completely.

Where was the computer stored for 1 year? Was it exposed to moisture like in a basement or something maybe?

What is he make and model#

Joe

Well, i had it in my bedroom , n i dont think that there were moisture but... maybe is possible that it is... and by the way, i set another Hard disk (is of my friend n its ok) in the cpu and it doesnt work, justly like the other, and i also put my hard disk in anohter cpu (is of my friend n its ok too) and hard disk doesnt work neither....

but how can i know if really my cpu is damaged by moisture?????????????, because now i suspect that my hdisk and maybe motherboard r damaged .. =S

btw, my computer is assembled

Yes it could be the mother board, could be power supply too. Difficult to check these items without the right tools. You might be best getting it fixed at a shop.

What kid of computer is this, the name of of it? Dell or what? and the model #
    Last edited by zep516; 10-11-2012 at 08:46 PM.

your computer is stock for as long as 1 year better my friend. better all you have to do is disconnect all the parts of you the computer in motherboard and then clean all around of the mother board, and if you are sure that your hardisk are working then after you finish to clean all the of that, then re-connect again and make sure its properly connected,, for now make that technique..

Blog Entries

I am a bit confused ...did it work in your friend's computer?

It will not work in any computer unless it is a second HDD and a slave...unless it is eSATA

eSATA vs ide...HDD is another story...is it ide or eSATA ?

SATA Definition from PC Magazine Encyclopedia
    ==================

BTW: Make, but make sure you have no floppy or cd in your pc since they can stop booting
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Blog Entries

Another option is to unplug the power cable from the back of the computer and hold the power button in for at least 20 seconds

Do not just unplug it from the wall socket...make sure you unplug from the back of the computer

This will reset the mobo....you could have a bad CMOS battery too

Well friends, nothing has changed, ive unplugged almost every cable and cleaned all of that, and about abseh1 said, he is right, cables of hard disk and cd are IDE, and about the model, cpu is assembled, hasnt brand, and well, about unplug power cable, i did it hundred of times, and well, im beginnig to be sure that maybe all my cpu is damaged :S

And well, i again set my hard disk in my friend's cpu and my hard disk didnt work but there didn't appear the error that appear in mine "Auto-Detecting Pri Master .. Press <ESC> to abort_", there appears a blue screen with several things, but didnt work ultimately, and repeat, i set a new hard disk (of my friend too) in my cpu and appear the error abut "autodetecting pri master, etc etc" so, therefore, what o u think about it ?????, im so confused..

Blog Entries

You can not run your HDD as primary HDD in another computer....slave it

Change the jumpers to slave and install it in your friends computer as a slave HDD (second HDD)

Then boot and look for it....if it is working mechanically, you will see it (Left double click My Computer)
    You will be able to backup your files and open them if your friend has the programs installed to open them
    This will let you know if the HDD is working

If so...we can move on from there...an external HDD case will be easier than physically putting your HDD in his case....in that case...the jumpers would need to be set as master

Clear as mud...huh?

Any questions just ask
    Last edited by abseh1; 10-13-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Blog Entries

BTW: Your friend's computer needs to have a ribbon cable with a second connection for your HDD slaved

Leave his on the first/top master connection and plug yours into the middle(slave or second HDD)ribbon cable connection

There is usually a red line on one side of the ribbon cable.....this line should always match the two HDDs and the mobo connection
    (normally the red line will face you or the outside side of the case)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast