Thread: Windows Mail

Default Windows Mail

When I try to open something on windows mail that is with the message like "click here for this weeks add" I get a message that says " This File does not have a program associated with it for performing this action, Create an association in the set associations control panel" Well I have no idea where the associations control panel would be. It started about four weeks ago, maybe I should check if there were updates added to windows mail? It will open in my main account which is from charter. I does open attachments that are sent.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

On the link to the ad, right click > properties > let us know what the file type is (usually a 3 letter extension like .doc or mp3 etc). This will let you know which program can access that file type. We can then associate it to the correct program. There is also a possibility that you have an ad blocking program or perhaps your anti virus could stop it from opening.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canuck For This Useful Post:

When I right click Properties does not show up what does is Copy Shortcut, Save Target, Select All, Add to favorites. I have Avast (free edition) also Spyware Blaster, Malwarebytes and Super Antspyware on the computer all are the free edition.

Try saving target to your desktop and then double click on it there. If it opens great, if not, right click > properties etc (as above).

I saved it to downloads and it would not open type of file is ChromeHTML.htm, it comes from home depot. It will open in my charter email account but not on windows mail. When I see Chrome I think of google which I don't have Chrome but just the reg. Google. Everyone around here has trouble with chrome google.

I think there-in lies your problem. From what I've read, Chrome has a number of bugs, this seems to be one of them. Are you able to type in http://www.homedepot.com/site-directory/index.html (there does seem to be something wrong with Home Improvement Made Easy with New Lower Prices | Improve & Repair) and access their site? I've used Chrome for awhile and to be honest am not impressed, I've reverted to FF.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck For This Useful Post:

Canuck,
    I can open the site when I type http://www.homedepot.com/site-directory/index.html. So I will check and see if there were some new updates on windows mail and take them off or just use my Charter Account.
    It's not just homedepot it from other e-mails also.
    Thanks for the help