Smile pendrive bootable for XP

hello, can you give me the idea for the pen drive bootable so i can boot my computer using my usb pendrive so if ever that my computer had a problem i can boot and i can save my other data to my computer.. thanks and God bless

Blog Entries

If you just want to boot in an emergency and recover data there are a few other ways....the better is by using a Live Linux CD
    I recommend Ubuntu
    http://www.livecdlist.com/ubuntu
    But below is a complete live Linux CD list
    http://www.livecdlist.com/
    =============================================================================================

A pen-drive bootable for XP can be done....with third party software....but I will not go into detail because there are MS licensing issues

Licensing issues

In order to make a installation, your must have a properly licensed copy of the operating system. Microsoft does not grant users who do not have a proper Windows XP/2003 license the right to use a USB installation.

Also, according to the Microsoft EULA for Windows XP/2003, a user may not simultaneously use more installations of these operating systems than the user has license(s)
    =================
    This has changed a bit with Win7 it actually has a USB setup and a different licensing procedure

We have a MS expert as a member...I will wait for his opinion
    Last edited by abseh1; 10-19-2012 at 05:22 AM.
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Blog Entries

Your computer may not even be boot-able from a USB....that needs to be established first

"You need a USB Device" boot order listing in BIOS

1. Didn't find a "USB Device" boot order listing in BIOS?.... If your computer was manufactured around 2001 or before, it may not have this ability. If your computer is newer, check for some other ways that the USB option might be worded. In some BIOS versions, it's called "Removable Devices" or "External Devices".
    2. Remove other USB devices.... Other connected USB devices, like printers, external media card readers, etc., could be consuming too much power, or causing some other problem, which is preventing the computer from booting from flash drive or other device. Unplug all other USB devices and try again.
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer