Default Monitor goes into power saving mode when booted with DVI cable

Hi,

I recently bought a LG flatron E2242 LED monitor which only came with a VGA cable. So I ordered a DVI cable online which it came today. My graphics card is a gForce GTX 550 TI with a micro HDMI port and 2 DVI ports so I was using a DVI to VGA adapter to use the VGA cable. After plugging in the DVI cable and unplugging the VGA and switching the mode to DVI (on the monitor) the monitor stays in a power saving mode. So I restarted my computer thinking it would help and the boot sequence is shown with the DVI cable with no problem all the way up to the windows loading screen after that normally when the desktop would show it returns to the power saving mode. I pluged my VGA cable back in to see the desktop (I have both a VGA and the DVI cable plugged in) and if reset in VGA mode on the monitor during the boot sequence it is in powersaving mode until desktop shows which then it turns on. if I boot in DVI mode it shows the booting but not the desktop. I have updated my graphics drivers and I know all my ports work. Does anyone have any idea whats going on. Thanks for your help.

-Mack

Blog Entries

If you look near the menu buttons on the bottom....look for a power saver mode to control that option

I assume now that you have a DVI cable....you are DVI to DVI @ the GeForce GTX 550 Ti card

You have another option to go on line and get the latest drivers , also there is a manual on the CD

It may be pug and play...I did not see any drivers

Below is a link...scroll to downloads for the manual
    LG E2242T-BN Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Blog Entries

SUPER ENERGY SAVING Setting

1 Press ( SUPER ENERGY SAVING ) button on
    the bottom of the Monitor set to display the SUPER
    ENERGY SAVING OSD.

2 Set the options by pressing the ◄ or ► or ▼ buttons.

3 Select EXIT to leave the OSD menu.
    Each option is explained below.

SUPER ENERGY SAVING Description
    ON Enables SUPER ENERGY SAVING you can save energy with this energy- efficient function
    OFF Disables SUPER ENERGY SAVING.
    RESET Resets the values of total energy consumption reduction and CO2 emission reduction
    =============================================================
    As an Added NOTE: titling the monitor back or forward will adjust the best view for the user....each user has their own best angle
    While this is helpful to many monitors that tilt....it is especially important with an LED monitor
    I know of cases were a buyer returned the LED monitor because he could not adjust it and it appeared blurry...when a simple tilting a half inch or so (back or forward)....would have made it perfectly clear
    Last edited by abseh1; 10-25-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestions I actually figured it out though. I had to go within the Nvida control panel by right clicking on the desktop and physically switch the primary display (even though I did that within windows already) It was kind of dumb of me and of Nvida for needing two different ways to switch a primary display. Thanks everyone though.

-Mack

Blog Entries

OK...thanks for the update...I was loosing my mouse to the right ...I had two monitors selected....an analog was added when I upgraded my video card