Default Ethernet card driver reinstall?

Hi, please could you wonderful people at help2go help me? I just recently repleced 'Linux' with Windows xp on a laptop. Now I can't access the internet. I've checked all that I know to check & one of the msgs I'm getting is that there's no modem. I have a modem (with router) running two computers, no problems, but it seems the ethernet card on the laptop has died, or somehow the driver/s have been deleted. The laptop previously connected to the internet with no problems but now...nothing? The laptop is an 'ACER aspire one series ZG5'. Do I need to reinstall the driver/s, and if so how would I do this given I can't get online? Any ideas please? Thanks for your time.

Hi Number # 7,

Get the Lan driver from here--->Acer Aspire One ZG5 Netbook Windows XP Driver, Utility, Update | Notebook Driver & Software

You can download the Lan Driver to a usb Flash Drive from a good computer, then put the usb flash drive in the bad computer and access the file (Driver) you downloaded and double click it and it should install it.

Joe
    Last edited by zep516; 10-28-2012 at 10:34 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post: