Thread: Restore Issue

Unhappy Restore Issue

I did a restore on my Gateway Laptop and when I did I must have selected some incorrect information I ended up with a Partition_1 (C 1.71 GB free of 63.5 and Recovery (D 5.20 GB free of 10.9 GB

screen shot.jpg

I am not sure how to correct this.

If you need additional information please let me know what you need I will do my best.

Thanks,
    Melanie

Hi mkdotson,

Welcome to Help2Go!

You wouldn't happen to have the recovery disks for your Gateway would you? If not, you'll have to start over.

To do so:

• Click on Start orb.
    • Click on All Programs.
    • Scroll down and find Gateway Recovery Center twice.
    • Click Allow when UAC (User Account Control) window pops up.
    • Next click on Recovery (Factory system recovery) from the list (should be first option).
    • Click dial button next to Yes, restart my computer now
    • Then click on the Next button.

Computer should then restart and the process will begin to restore back to factory condition.

If you get to a point where you need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask before proceeding to the next step.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Cool RE: Restore Issue

Hello Donna,

Thank you for the reply I do have the recovery disk, but my drive sometimes will not open and last time it took me quite sometime to open, so I appreciate the steps you included.

Will this delete my photos, music etc? My photos are saved online so really not a big issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaB View Post
    Hi mkdotson,

Welcome to Help2Go!

You wouldn't happen to have the recovery disks for your Gateway would you? If not, you'll have to start over.

To do so:

• Click on Start orb.
    • Click on All Programs.
    • Scroll down and find Gateway Recovery Center twice.
    • Click Allow when UAC (User Account Control) window pops up.
    • Next click on Recovery (Factory system recovery) from the list (should be first option).
    • Click dial button next to Yes, restart my computer now
    • Then click on the Next button.

Computer should then restart and the process will begin to restore back to factory condition.

If you get to a point where you need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask before proceeding to the next step.

Donna

Hi mkdotson,

Will this delete my photos, music etc? My photos are saved online so really not a big issue.
    Yes! It will write over all your data and everything will be lost. So best to verify you have everything backed up before you proceed.

If you attempt the above instructions, have your OEM product key handy just in case you are asked for it during windows setup. On the spur of the moment I don't recall if you will be asked input the product key or not. Better to be safe than sorry. It should be found on the bottom of the laptop case.

Let me know how you get on.

If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"