Default looking for free online lessons or classes to remove spyware and viruses

I am new to this site and am not sure where i should ask this question if in wrong spot will someone please point me to correct spot.
    I just wanna take some free classes online about spyware adware and virus removal so i can help in the forums that have helped me soo many times. I have been searching for classes for quite a while hope someone can help me with this
    thanks
    me

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

There are free sites that teach anti virus courses, however they require a heavy commitment in time and lots of training. We have a few members who are going through this process and I'm sure they can give you more information if that is how much you want to get into this. If it's general information on how to protect computers, there are various free programs such as anti virus, spyware and adware removal that you can access.

I'm sure our spyware experts would be happy to fill you in ... stay tuned.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    There are free sites that teach anti virus courses, however they require a heavy commitment in time and lots of training. We have a few members who are going through this process and I'm sure they can give you more information if that is how much you want to get into this. If it's general information on how to protect computers, there are various free programs such as anti virus, spyware and adware removal that you can access.

I'm sure our spyware experts would be happy to fill you in ... stay tuned.
    that is what i am looking for the deep good ones!! I wanna be able to help in the forums for others who got stuff on pc they dont want!!! i did a google search but most of the classes u have to pay and i cant afford to pay i am on a limited budget....if u have any sites would really appreciate the urls
    thanks for replying to my request!!

Moderator Forum Moderator evilfantasy's Avatar

Online schools/academies: These are in no particular order and there are other good schools out there that you can join.

- Geek University (GeekU)
    - BleepingComputer's Study Hall
    - SpywareInfo Bootcamp
    - Tech Support Forum Academy
    - What the Tech Classroom

Remember this is not a quick process. It involves a lot of reading and research. It takes time patience and most of all dedication. Learning is self paced and there is no big hurry to advance. Enrolling and attending one of these online schools is completely free and the only real way to learn about the tools we use.

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to evilfantasy For This Useful Post:

aww thank you i think i signed up for geek one and they never replied to me. but will check out the others and yes i can image will take a lot of studying and reading and everything figure will be good project to keep me busy in the winter inside
    wonder why none of these showed up in a google search,,odd indeed but thank you very much

Moderator Forum Moderator evilfantasy's Avatar

Your welcome. Good luck!

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by evilfantasy View Post
    Online schools/academies:

Remember this is not a quick process. It involves a lot of reading and research. It takes time patience and most of all dedication. Learning is self paced and there is no big hurry to advance. Enrolling and attending one of these online schools is completely free and the only real way to learn about the tools we use.
    Well said evilfantasy!

I've been in training since May of 2010 and just now closing in on the final PL (Practice Log). Next is LL's (Live Logs) then CMF (Check My Fix). Others who had applied after me have already graduated though most are retired and have the time to commit more so than I do.

Though it is supposed to be "self paced" many of the academies do have a truant policy enforced where you are given a set amount of time to review, research and start your PL (Practice Log) thread and there after you have 24-48 hours to post after the instructor has replied. It can be grueling at times, but it is for good reason to keep up momentum and to retain what is taught/learned.

As Canuck and evilfantasy stated, you do have to be committed. If you have any questions, please ask! I'd be more than willing to fill you in.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

I am interested in doing one of these as well, thank you for the list!

i found one and signed up for - SpywareInfo Bootcamp so how do i mark this message as closed and resolved or do i just leave it and someone else closes it? thanks for being soo helpful guys and i am soo excited to be starting the classes and learning. I know it wont be easy and will take a lot of reading but am looking forward to it. Thanks to all u for ur help and advise...

Hi whiteroses35,

The thread does not really need to be closed, so don't worry.

Good luck with your schooling. It's a very a good school. As has been already said "It's quite a commitment and requires a lot of discipline too" It can be very rewarding though. I actually started at that school, but was forced to leave due to personal reasons outside of the Internet. I still maintain membership there, I have since returned to another school and about 90 percent complete. In the future I'd like to stop back there and provide assistance once graduated. So perhaps I'll see you there at some point.

Once again good luck to you and congratulations!

Joe
    Last edited by zep516; 11-13-2012 at 03:34 PM.