Thread: Virus

Default Virus

Hi, please could someone explain how I can get rid of a virus? My friend has a laptop, I haven't seen it yet so I have no idea what the laptop is or what operating system it has. They have only asked me if I can get rid of a virus for them, I don't even know what kind of a virus it is? They've been very vague! Could anyone at the very least give me some kind of idea how to go about identifying the virus, getting rid of it, and making them happy? Thank you for your time.

Hi Number7,

Unfortunately it requires training in Malware Removal to effectively remove Malware / virus symptoms, a lot of users who attempt this on there own can cause additional issues by not correctly approaching the removal process in the right manner under supervision by a trained expert. Identifying the virus is a science onto it's own, again done by a trained person. Once identified then a more exact and safe approach can be determined in the best manner to remove it, rather then running a bunch of automated tools to see if symptoms subside.

My suggestion to you. Have the user post in the Malware Removal forum, linked below and follow all instructions below:

Help2Go Forums - How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Joe