Exclamation Buying an ultrabook

Hi,

I am hoping to buy an ultrabook online this weekend (to be delivered to Ireland).

My main requirements are a good keyboard, as some of the ultrabooks have reports of a "sticky" keyboard. My second requirement is obviously that it weighs very little. I would also prefer the SSD. I'll be typing on it a lot and running programs on it etc. It would be great if the price was below approx 800 euro.

The only one I wouldn't want is the HPs or Apple.

Keeping in mind the above requirements, have you any advice or links?

So far, I had looked at Lenovo (seem heavier than others?), Toshiba (not sure about the keyboard?), Sony, Samsung and Dell. I couldn't find any SSD options for some of these.

Thank you!

Hi Ultrabookconfusion,

Welcome to Help2Go!

Here's a link that displays many of the top reviews for 13 Ultrabooks. The link is targeted in the yellow by WOT meaning the vendor reliability is poor so I certainly wouldn't purchase one from them, so once you view the specs and choose the item that fits your fancy, you can purchase from a reliable vendor.

Ultrabook Review 2013 | Best Ultrabook Laptops | Ultrathin Laptops - TopTenREVIEWS

I have no personal experience as an owner. Maybe one of the other members here who does own one can share their personal experiences with us.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Thanks Donna - I'll look at the link and see if I can make a decision! :P

There are also other ultrabooks that I have in mind, such as the Toshiba z830, as that particular ultrabook is really light to carry. I wasn't too certain about the keyboard though.

I just noticed that the Toshiba Satellite U845-S406 is no. 1 on list...maybe I should choose a Toshiba so

I googled the keyboard again and it seems to be an issue with buyers.

As per Donna's post, I would love to hear from Ultrabook owners. I would be particularly grateful for links to any SSD ultrabooks

Default Lenovo Ideapad U410

Sorry for setting up a different thread, however I would be grateful for reviews on this laptop. It seems to have everything one would want and is only 0.2kg heavier than a Toshiba Ultrabook that I was looking it. The only reason I have been more tempted by other laptops is because of the fact that Lenovo looks more "functional."