Default Unable to enter into a specific web page

I am trying to open www.paypal.com however the response is Server not found.
    When I type www.paypal.com I got a page that is not what I need but when I
    use google to get this I use the one that is the official site and it is when the
    response is Server not found. That is the only page with problem because I
    have no problems with other sites. Of course, i used it before without problems
    and now I don know what happens. The same happens using mozilla16 and
    inernet explorer 8. Please need your help. Thanks in advance
    mloo55

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi mloo55,

I have no problem in accessing that link, therefore I assume that there has been a change to your settings. How long has this been going on? If not long, have you tried a System Restore to before this started? This is my link to the page, are you able to access it from this? https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/we...ry_lang.x=true . If you can, the link you have has probably been damaged.

Canuck. thanks again, well I perfomed system restore succesfull but the problem continues.
    I tried the link you mention but the response is the same. In short, link is damaged and no
    action is required,doesnt it? or what else can i do.
    rgds
    mloo55

Canuck, I forgot to say that when I type www.paypal.com what I got is a page named paypal.com
    but when search by google and then click paypal oficial site the reply is server not found
    hope it helps

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Oh, OK that makes a bit more sense then. What I believe is happening, is that Google's link may not be good, or you have an anti-virus setting that may be blocking that particular link. I know, that quite awhile ago I set up a number of blocks (either in the hosts file or privacy settings) that wouldn't allow me to access the first couple of hits that Google comes up with. Try looking further down the Google search and see if there's another link to paypal.com and try that. As long as you can get into Paypal, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck For This Useful Post:

Usually if it is one site and 2 browsers, it could be that you need to power cycle your router and modem. Try that and see if that helps.

To do that, unplug your router and modem directly from the wall socket and allow a few minutes for the memory to clear out in the cable. Re-insert the cable for the modem and wait a couple minutes then do the same with the router cable.

This happens to me a lot, more so when I have 2 or more computers booted up on the same connection.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DonnaB For This Useful Post:

Donnab, I followed to your steps but unfortunately nothing is get, nothing in restricted sites . Any other
    suggestion is welcome.
    rgds
    mloo55

Good news, I used Ccleaner and after this I was able to get the page of paypal normally
    Thanks again for your help
    mloo55

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mloo55 For This Useful Post:

Glad you're sorted out mloo55

Joe

Sooo. All you needed was a good cleaning! Good to know!

Ccleaner is a great program that I use myself, though one of my instructors in my malware removal training class had asked me not to recommend Ccleaner to others because it includes a Registry cleaner, and it is not advisable to use this or any registry cleaner as there have been reports of them clearing out needed registry entries and messing up PCs. In addition, what they do clean up is so small that little or no advantages are noticed.

Modifying registry keys incorrectly can cause Windows instability, or make Windows unbootable. No registry cleaner is completely safe and the potential is ever present to cause more problems than they claim to fix.

Registry cleaners cannot distinguish between good and bad. If you run a registry cleaner, it will delete all those keys which are obsolete and sitting idle; but in reality, those keys may well be needed by some programs or windows at a later time.

Along with Ccleaner, I also use a program created by OldTimer called TFC (Temp File Cleaner). What one doesn't clean out, the other does.

Download TFC by Old Timer from here:
    • First, save any files as TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser![/li]
    • Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista/Windows 7 right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.[/li]
    • Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.[/li]
    • Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete cleaning.[/li]

More info:
    TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder. It also cleans out the %systemroot%\temp folder and checks for .tmp files in the %systemdrive% root folder, %systemroot%, and the system32 folder (both 32bit and 64bit on 64bit OSs). It shows the amount removed for each location found (in bytes) and the total removed (in MB).

Before running, it will stop Explorer and all other running applications. When finished, if a reboot is required the user must reboot to finish clearing any in-use temp files.
    -- TFC only cleans temp folders.
    -- TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies. Depending on how often someone cleans their temp folders, their system hardware, and how many accounts are present, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more. TFC will completely clear all temp files where other temp file cleaners may fail.

TFC requires a reboot immediately after running. Be sure to save any unsaved work before running TFC.

You might want to also run Disk Cleanup then Defrag your disk, too. You'd be surprised just how smooth your system will run thereafter!

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > and click on Disk Cleanup

• Click on Disk Cleanup tab
    • Click OK
    • Click on Yes

Allow Disk Clean up to do it's job till finished.

Install Auslogics Disk Defrag from here--> Auslogics Disk Defrag

Once installed, Click on the desktop icon and then click the Defrag button. Allow it to run it course.

• It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging than the one offered in your System Tools folder.
    • It will actually show you what it is doing.
    • At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up.
    • You can view an online log of the files that Auslogics defragged.

Please do not run any other Auslogics programs other then this one as they may cause unwanted results.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"