Thread: Network adaptor

Default Network adaptor

Please could someone help? I've just installed win7 64bit on a laptop (Advent Modena M201). I can't connect to the internet, the error message...
    (error code 8024001F) is telling me the network adaptor driver is missing & I need to reinstall the driver, but I can't connect to the internet to download the driver??? Any help please? Thank you

Seem to be hard to find drivers for that particular model , I did locate this site for you though. See how it works out for you..

Advent Modena M201 Ethernet DriverRelated Softwares Free Downloads

When you can't connect to the internet, in that situation you then need to use a good computer that will connect to the internet and download the driver to a USB Flash drive, once downloaded to the flash drive insert it into the bad computer and run the file you downloaded.

Joe
    Last edited by zep516; 11-19-2012 at 05:40 PM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Hi Zep516 sorry to bother you again, I downloaded a network adapter driver for the Advent M201 & this seemed to initially give me back a network connection...or so it tells me? I've tried to connect to the internet again with no success whatsoever, this is really really worrying me. Please could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Hi,

How are you connected to internet, modem with router? Wireless or Ethernet? Ethernet simply means that you have a direct cable connected to the computer from the router or modem. What error do you get if you try an go to Google ?

So we are all on the same page, would you tell us the Name of the "Network adapter" you downloaded? This name will be listed in the device manager, under network adapters. Providing the name will help us determine if you downloaded the correct one...

Here's How to enter "Device manger":

1. Click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel.

2. Click on the System and Security link.

Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply click on Device Manager.

Once in the device manger, look for network adapters to the left of the word "Network Adapters" click on the + sign this will expand the list so you may see the name of it please provide the name to us.

Please also review the exercise below, try it if you have not yet tried it.

Windows 7 and Vista

From the Start menu, select Control Panel, or Settings and then Control Panel. Double-click Network and Sharing Center.

From the list of tasks on the left, click Change adapter settings (in Windows 7), or Manage network connections (in Vista).

1. For a wired network connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and then select Properties.

2. For a wireless network connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and then select Properties.

3. From the Networking tab, click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), make sure it is checked, and then click Properties.

4. Click Obtain an IP Address Automatically, and then click OK.

In your next reply.

• Tell us how you're connected.
    • Tell us the name of the "Network Adapter" as listed in Device Manager.
    • Tell us the error you receive when you try to connect to Google.

Joe

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Hi Zep516, again thank you so much for your help. I'm connected by a modem via a router, I'm on broadband with Virgin media, the name of the adapter is - 'Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E nic' I can't connect to Google......I have nothing sorry?

Have you tried to connect a cable from the Modem directly to the computer? This is what I would try next to see if you can establish a connection that way. Please try that and let us know the results.

Joe

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Hi Zep516....thank you for all your kind help...problem solved.....I think.