Default Sound distortion with some cds

I have a copaq presario cq57, and have recently had to upload all my music due to getting a new MP3 player. Most of the CDs worked fine, however a handful were distorted when playing, there was a crackling noise, almost like static. The CDs played fine in the sterio, but had the same problem on another computer, both of which use windows media player. The problem is there when the CDs are being played and when they are burned and ripped onto another device, I have tried adjusting the SRS WOW affects, but this has had no effect. The sound card is a realtek high definition audio card.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi elove19 and welcome to Help2Go. I've had similar problems in the past and overcame them by running each problem mp3 through Audacity and saving as an mp3 (even though the original is an mp3). After installing Audacity you'll also have to install the LAME MP3 encoder (instructions are given on the LAME MP3 link which is below the Audacity download. Here's the link Audacity: Windows It's a handy little program, and it's free.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck For This Useful Post: