Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SFC says "corrupt files" even after total reformat/reinstall

Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them
    SFC resulted this message on my Windows 8 computer. Then I did a complete, total reinstall, factory fresh.
    Immediately, without adding or subtracting anything, I did the scf /scannow again...and got the same message.
    Do you think just be ignored as false alarm? Is there any prev such cases you know of? tx and rgds

Hi paulandjean,

Is there any prev such cases you know of?
    I have been searching since you posted above and the only other instance found is your other post on the Microsoft Community forum.

You mentioned above that you performed a total reinstall, factory fresh. I'm assuming that you recently purchase this PC with Win8 installed and you used the recovery partition to reformat/reinstall. Is this so? If so, I return this PC to whoever you purchased it from and ask for a replacement. I'm sure it is still under warranty.

If you purchased the Win8 disc and upgraded from a previous OS, etal Vista/Win7, please let us know. Our suggestions would have a different outcome all together.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Blog Entries

Why are you running sfc....you need all the windows updates and factory drivers and an anti virus scan first?

Some hardware and software may not be compatible....what printer are you using etc?

Windows 8 has many fix-it options too
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Blog Entries

You may need to burn a new ISO Win 8 disk or if you have a win 8 disk try a different one

Did you run it from the Admin CMD ?

BTW: I really like Win 8 (nothing to do with your thread)....but it boots in 15 seconds and works much better than Win 7...which was great

The complaints about the Start menu are bogus (IMHO)....just go to the desktop via the Win Icon if you have a desktop....if not the touch options are great too

There are many ways to get to the desktop...and Windows Transfer....gives you your old Win 7 desktop anyway
    Last edited by abseh1; 12-09-2012 at 04:57 PM.

I see that SpiritX has responded to your thread at the Microsoft Community forums. I'm curious to see that sfcdetails.txt as well.

@abseh1

Thank you for jumping in here. I know very little about Win8 as opposed to you.

If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Blog Entries

Donna

There are no real Win 8 experts yet...we all must learn together

Most of the so called experts were beta users etc....Win 8 is in no way the same animal

May we all learn together ...mike (abs)

Blog Entries

There are no real Win 8 experts yet...we all must learn together
    Win 8 is in no way the same animal
    True. But it is not like comparing rainbow trout to rabbits. It is more like comparing a beagle to a basset hound. They are both dogs and both are hounds too.

W8 was NOT a total rewrite. Much has changed but much has not - including the hardware it runs on. So don't assume your expertise in W7 does not apply to W8.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────

Blog Entries

OK...but a Win 7 user will see the Win 8 as a trout unless we explain it better than MS did

It is an attempt to sell touch and desktop together....most desktop users could care less

It is an attempt to sell touch and desktop together....most desktop users could care less
    That is true but we are talking primarily about the UI - touching the Word icon vs clicking on the Word icon. If Windows does not connect to the Internet, or print the Word document, the problem, troubleshooting and fix actions are very similar, if not exactly the same because under the UI (the skin) Windows 8 is more akin to Windows 7 than not.

I am just saying don't doubt yourselves. Your XP, Vista, and W7 expertise, carries over, a great deal into W8.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast