Angry Windows 7 home premium lost ability to connect to shared folders, huh??

it's been about 3 or so months since i've lost the ability to access shared folders on a vista home machine on home network. i don't understand why though. the vista machine can access my windows 7 pc and it's folders just fine. i also tried this with my sisters laptop that has windows 7. my pc still cannot access the laptop with windows 7 home premium either. i just dont understand what happeend?! everything was fine! it's just so frustrating. i've tried all i could try too. uninstalling stuff and scanning for malware and making sure i'm static instead of dynamic via ipv4 panels in networking. so i'm not sure what changed. i forgot to note that the laptop with windows 7 home can access the vista pc and vice versa. i think that's all i can come up with at the moment. also i never setup a password for my windows 7 home pc. i bought it about 3 months ago and i couldn't be arsed with putting a password. i enjoy not having that tedious task, just rebooting and logging with into the desktop! it's been like this since i first turned it on and had access to the shared stuff on vista. could i get some help please? thanks for any and all help

Member Spyware Fighter

You might want to check out this article here:
    How do I share files on my Windows 7 machine with my Windows XP machine?

Windows7 And Vista are virtually the same when it comes to file sharing.
    " Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Spware Help forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.
    HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
    Thanks-

From my understanding, Vista can access the files to be shared on your Win7 but your Win7 can not access the files to be shared on your Vista. Back when Win7 came out, arraknid created a very good article that discussed this very issue. It may help shed some light on the issue as well!

Please see link below:

Adding Windows 7 computer to an existing XP/Vista network - Blogs - Help2Go Forums
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

thank you, i thought i'd never get a reply. i will check on these links and tell you what happens

Arrow

well i've followed instructions from both websites/tutorials and it hasn't helped. in fact i think my pc can't even access it's on networked folders. i mean, i can access any folder from the computer it self but not by going through my network link/icon thingy. i've double checked that all computers have the same workgroup name and that both my windows 7 tower and the laptop have been removed from a homegroup. i'm not even sure a homegroup existed to be honest. after turning off sharing wizard and trying to map network drives on my windows 7 home preimum pc. i would click on network > then "PAULS" and windows says:

it's named pauls since my name is paul.
    however this denail shouldn't be happening, no? one other think i've just noticed. the laptop with windows 7 allows me to map network drives or folders but my tower pc with the same dang home premium doesn't! it's just sooo WEIRD! i'm going to look at the laptops version but they should be the same exact 7 home premium, they're both fully updated... i just don't get it, you know?