Thread: printer problem

Default printer problem

i need help to hook up a hp psc 1200 series all-in-one printer to hp laptop with windows vista and tell me what to do?

Hi Kilroy623,

What is the exact problem you're having?

Usually the best way to install the printer is to use the disk that came with it, don't connect the printer until you install the printer software the disk will prompt you when it's time to connect the printer to the computer. If you do not have the printer software disk you will need to install the printer driver from Here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

i tryed everything and when it said to hook up and i tried and it said error- class doesn't support automation and res://ieframe.dll/preview js. and i didn't use the cd.so what else can i do. can you give me a link to download the printer?

Hi,

So when you try to print in Internet Explorer you get this error class doesn't support automation and res://ieframe.dll/preview js.

See if any help here---> How do I correct the error "Class doesn't support - Microsoft Community

The driver for that printer is here ---> HP PSC 1200 All-in-One Printer series*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Just to reiterate a point zep made - one of the most common mistake users make when installing printers is they physically connect the printer to the computer BEFORE installing the drivers. Bad move. You typically install the drivers first, then connect.

See USB Printer Installation Troubleshooting | HP Support
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────