Default Cant access recovery partition after windows install.

Ok I hope someone can help me out as I am close to trying to figure this out but yet so far away.. lol

Ok my niece was telling me her dell was not working right so I decided to just do a clean factory restore as a scan with malware bytes revealed over 30 viruses/trojans! Someones gonna get a sit down to talk about her surfing habits but I digress. I figure at this point a clean restore is easier than trying to remove these viruses. So I go to do the normal F8, repair my computer step and see that the repair my computer function doesn't work. Ok let me boot to windows 7 disk and select the repair option and use that for factory restore. Again nothing, usually Dell datasafe options will allow me to do this. I then notice that the recovery partition was not showing up. I called her and asked and it seems my sisters so called boyfriends fancies himself a "computer expert" and last time they were having problems decided to just reinstall windows which I assume some how lost the connection to the recovery partition.

I installed EaseUS free partition manager and see that the Recovery partition is still there just not accessible. Is there a way I can make this partition bootable again so that i can assess it from the repair menu and possible repair this back to factory?

Thanks..

rob

attached photo is what I am seeing through EaseUS

Capture.JPG

Blog Entries

This could or might work....my first guess is that the partition is corrupted by the first repair attempt

How to restore dell factory image when PC restore does not work?

Here I will give you instructions as to how you can reformat your dell hard disk and restore the factory image
    (the hard disk contents with which your Dell came when you bought it).

You will need your Win 7 dvd for this.

I will be assuming that C: is your Operating system partition and D: is your recovery partition.

1. Boot the computer using your Win 7 dvd.
    2. Select Repair. Then select command line.
    3. Go to your recovery drive and then to the tools folder by typing following on the command prompt :

d:
    cd tools

4. Then type this on the command prompt :

path d:\windows;d:\windows\system32
    d:
    cdtools
    pcrestore

5. This will start the recovery process which will complete itself in 10-15 minutes.
    6. Type exit on the command prompt.
    7. Reboot your computer from your hard disk.

==================================
    Second option is to order the disks from Dell
    https://support.dell.com/support/top...=us&l=en&s=gen
    =================================
    Third is a clean install
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer