Default Bad error message

Hi,

When I was installing a new graphics card and then rebooted. I received a missing/corrupt error: \Windows\System32\Config\System. It says install disk into CD-ROM the original disk and hit "r".

Operating system XP, I am able to access F2,F8 and F12. But it does not help, I put the original XP disk in and it does not even load. I pulled out the new graphics card. And hooked up the monitor to the intergrated card. Tried everything again, no good. I have no access to anything basically and the same error pops up everytime I reboot.

Anybody have step by step help or am I just F_____.

Hi jonticchi,

Welcome to Help2Go!

Many of our members have had great success following the tutorial that PartieHonteuse has created specifically for that error. Please read carefully and thoroughly.

Help2Go Forums - C:\windows\system32\config\system missing or corrupt

Good luck!

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"