Default Help my system restore keeps rebooting on safemode

ok where do i start well my sister had a virus on her dell pc ( the fbi has taken over your pc virus)
    i decided to do a system restore for her. so she backed all her important files she was running her pc on safemode. i complete the factory restore now it says windows will prepare your computer for first use the screen changes it shows it on safemode loading some files and reboots and does that over and over. i went and tried to run the pc on normal mode but it refuses to get off of safemode so i can finish my system restore. i also have a windows 7 professional cd i tried to make it boot to cd to see if i could finish the installion or repair it and it still does the same thing

i even tried to put the computer back to before i did the restore and it wouldnt let me said it couldnt be completed

Hi lalago87,

Welcome to Help2Go!

Could you provide the make and model# of the computer, please?

Edit: Ooops! I see it's a Dell. Ignore the question above.

Can you access the desktop while in Safe Mode or does that result in a reboot loop?

How about accessing the BIOS to see if the boot order is configured to boot to DVD/CD ROM first. Try pressing the F2 key at boot to see if it will boot to the BIOS.

Let me know and we can decide what to do from there.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

hello thanks for the reply i fixed my problem i had to delete safeboot from the bcdedit to force my computer to boot normally so i can finish my system restore

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaB View Post
    Hi lalago87,

Welcome to Help2Go!

Could you provide the make and model# of the computer, please?

Edit: Ooops! I see it's a Dell. Ignore the question above.

Can you access the desktop while in Safe Mode or does that result in a reboot loop?

How about accessing the BIOS to see if the boot order is configured to boot to DVD/CD ROM first. Try pressing the F2 key at boot to see if it will boot to the BIOS.

Let me know and we can decide what to do from there.

Donna

Which procedure are you using?

1 Recovery Partition

2 Win 7 Pro disk

The reason I ask is that if you use the disk it will wipe out the Recovery Partition. Did she create Recovery Disks when the computer was new?
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"