Default knowhow cloud storage

I bought a Nexus 7 tablet with only 32GB of storage. As i have well over 700GB of music/video/photo's etc i decided to ake advantage of the special offer the shop were doing. I bought 500GB of cloud storage which the shop assistant assured me was completely secure and could be accessed on any computer/tablet/phone. I selected 500GB of music and video from my computer being careful not to go over the limit and left it overnight to upload. I tried to test it on my Nexus 7 today and nothing would play. The problem seems to be it has uploaded all the titles but not the actual music or film. The size on everything says 0B. Does anyone know how/why this happened and how i can delete whatever is in my cloud storage and upload it properly?

Thanks
    Be alert. The world needs lerts.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I'll take a stab at this .. when you transferred (uploaded) the data to Cloud, did you drag and drop those files or did you copy and paste? Or, did you upload shortcuts instead of the data files themselves. Let us know and we'll see if we can get this working for you.
    Stay tuned as others may have input.

I put what i wanted to upload in folders and named them music, video and photo. Then i right clicked them and chose copy to livedrive briefcase. I phoned the helpline this morning and i was told it will take several days to upload that amount because uploads are always a lot slower than downloads. So i deleted everything in my briefcase (which seems to have called itself the L drive on my computer) and started again. So i'm hoping the problem will be solved by leaving my computer on for a few days to give it enough time to upload. I think the shop assistant should have said something about how long it takes but i suppose that would put a lot of people off the idea. I also noticed that the price goes up 400% after the first year

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Glad you got it sorted. It may be easier and faster to upload each file individually (that way you can see if it's working OK instead of wasting 4 days and finding something is wrong).
    I also noticed that the price goes up 400% after the first year
    the little bug***!!

Luckily i will be going away tomorrow morning for three days so hopefully it will all be done when i get back. I suppose they hope people will become dependent on it and want to renew. They give a discount if you pay for five years but it still works out more expensive than buying a few external drives and backing everything up on them and leaving them with friends incase my house explodes or some other disaster.