Unhappy Win7 Ultimate x64 - Windows Update Errors, cannot install updates

My System:
    • MoBo: Asus MA97 RL2.0
    • CPU: AMD FX-6300
    • GPU: Gigabyte GT 630
    • HDD: WDC WD40
    • RAM: Ballistix 1x4gb DDR3-1333

My Problem:
    I recently built this PC, got windows installed, went to run the updates and most of them ran w/o a problem. There are a remaining 8 that will not install. The error codes I'm getting are:
    • 800B0100
    • 8024200D

The updates that will not install are:
    • KB2729451
    • KB2423089
    • KB2645640
    • KB2727528
    • KB2598845
    • KB2761217
    • KB976932
    • Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Win 7 for x64-based Systems

I've tried a number of times with no luck. I've even tried formatting my HDD and reinstalling windows. Nada. Any help out there?

Blog Entries

First did you activate Windows?
    =======================
    Second; (you need to update the Browser to get updates)
    You can download the Browser directly from
    Download Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 from Official Microsoft Download Center

(I believe MS released IE10 for Win 7 but IE9 should get the job done)
    ===========================================
    Third

(reset Windows Updates)

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ate-reset.html

===========
    Four
    (Trouble with SP1 service pack installation )

Click Start, then in the text box typed “Cmd”.

In the resulting command prompt

Type “wmic qfe list full > patchlist.txt” without the quotes
    view a list of installed updates into a text file called “patchlist.txt”.

A quick keyword search through this file (Ctrl-F) will tell you whether any of these three hotfixes are installed.

Microsoft says that systems with hotfixes (2406705, 979350 or 983534) will block the installation of the service pack and may experience problems as a result.

If you do have any of the above hotfixes installed, you will need to follow Microsoft's instructions here if you want to install this service pack with a minimum of potential complications.

Also, do not ignore Microsoft's warning to backup your system and your data before proceeding with this Service Pack.
    (not a big deal in your case)
    Last edited by abseh1; 01-09-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Alright, so here's what I got...

1. I do have windows activated

2. I downloaded and tried to install IE 9 without success. It starts installing, progress bar goes about 30% in, then it stops and gives me a popup message saying "IE did not finish installing. See IE troubleshooter"

3. Did the windows reset, but still getting same update errors. It is stopping on update 3 of 5...Windows 7 SP 1 (KB976932) and gives me a popup message saying "Installation not successful. A system error prevented the SP from installing. DL and run the "Check for System Update Readiness" tool. If the tool doesn't fix the problem, visit the MS website for more info." --- I have run the system readiness tool, but still am not able to update after that. --- after I close the popup dialog box, it runs through the rest of the updates, but they all error out.

4. Tried to get the patchlist from command without success - when run normal it says "access denied" when run as administrator it says "no instance found"

Blog Entries

Try this
    Troubleshoot problems with installing updates - WindowsUpdate_dt000

I suspect you you may need Win 7 installer or your Browser is too old of a version

What is the IE version ?

Blog Entries

Going through the FixIts right now...I guess a supplemental question would be, how necessary are these updates? If my system is scanning no malware or viruses, and I'm not having and issues running/freezing/BSoD - do I really need the updates? Will it be safe to use my computer as normal w/o these updates, or is my safety really in question?

Apparently I am using IE 8

First FixIt didn't work - same issues

Second FixIt didn't work - same issues / error messages

Member Spyware Fighter

. Did the windows reset, but still getting same update errors. It is stopping on update 3 of 5...Windows 7 SP 1 (KB976932) and gives me a popup message saying "Installation not successful. A system error prevented the SP from installing. DL and run the "Check for System Update Readiness" tool. If the tool doesn't fix the problem, visit the MS website for more info." --- I have run the system readiness tool, but still am not able to update after that. --- after I close the popup dialog box, it runs through the rest of the updates, but they all error out.
    Trying just installing the other updates but not sp1 see if that works. I would also try installing just sp1 by itself and see if that works. You can also try installing each update by itself one at a time and see if that works. Just my two cents. I would also make sure to disable any Antivirus and Antispyware programs you have running.
    " Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Spware Help forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.
    HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
    Thanks-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast