Default Dell 1754 refuses to boot up

This is (was) an excellent DEll 1754 laptop that worked fine. One day (2 wks ago) I got a bright yellow screen & loud hiss which caused me to do a forced shut down. A week later it happened again, only this time the computer wouldn't boot up. I can get to the F8 screen - nothing happens on any choice except it may show a quick BSOD & shut down or it can load 'windows repair' then shut down or restart to the BSOD or endlesslt loop between the F8 screen, repair etc. Repair looks as if it's loading files but that's just a fake out.
    I got the mem test to work & clear the CDROM, video etc but it shuts the computer down automatically when it gets to 5% of the memory. I can put disks into the CDROM but the boot disk is ignored & the Win7 disk is likewise 'who you?'.

I've tried taking off all the power sources (battery & cord) & holding down the power key for 30sec to reset the BIOS power. Nada. I've used every combination of keys imaginable. CTRL +Home, CTRL+ PG UP,CTRL + PG DN, & so forth. Some of the BSOD will say things like PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA or IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL, BAD_POOL_HEADER, GOES TO KERNEL REPAIR..All followed by Ox codes that vary & mean nothing to me.

I paid for System Mechanic's 'windows certified techs' & they didn't do a thing I hadn't tried & after 3 hrs decided my RAM had carbon deposits. So I took out the RAM & cleaned it with 97% denatured alcohol (the pins looked fine to me) & reinstalled them. Didn't make a hill of beans diff.

I saw a posting on this site for a linux override by steamwiz that referred me to a code somewhere iin the articles but I couldn't find it. It was by Grim322s [tutorial] & had the codes to KNOPPIX_V3.9-2005-05-27-EN.iso 01-Jun-2005 08:17 696M.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get into that HDD? I need my files desperately because it runs my medical equipment. (NOT funny to have to run it on manual!) How can I fix the loop so I can get my data? (I can't get into my backup drive because it's on a big SanDisk flash which refuses my password [& I know I have it right]. Knew I shouldn't have trusted the vault.

To whomever can help, many blessings be upon you!

Hi

Welcome to Help2Go

yellow screen & loud hiss
    When you start to hear noises like that we have to come to the conclusion that a component failed and will have to be repaired / replaced and see what issues are left after that.

As far as the boot loop, when you press the F8 Key and enter the Advanced Boot options Menu, do you have the choice to:

Disable the automatic restart on system failure

Also see this link for possible file recovery. That will be Dependent upon if the CDROM Drive is working.

How to Use UBCD4Win to Rescue Files/Folders from an Unbootable Computer

Joe
    Last edited by zep516; 02-03-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks Joe, I'm waiting to hear from Brothersoft (who now run the UBCD4Win program) to see if it'll work on Win7. The blurb description stops at Win2000. They're checking into it now. I'm sending you some Zen hugs for your suggestion! Many thanks

Thanks for the Zep hugs, I mean Zen hugs

You know another option might be, something like this, be aware this is not my area of strength..

Retrieving Files off a Laptop Hard Drive | What the Tech

Joe