Default RealTek HD audio help

Hello,

I have been recently been having problems with cracking and popping sounds in my audio when I listen and record stuff through a direct input line from the instrument to the mic jack on the pc using adobe audition. All worked well except I started noticing the pops in the recorded audio and then in games and music. Looking around I updated my realtek HD audio drivers finding the drivers from my mother boards web site (asus sabortooth 990fx) after doing so my realtek menu which would normally be in the sound category in the control panel is gone, in the sound devices window there used to be and optical out and in that you could disable and what not (its not disabled and not hidden) which is gone and it now does not register that i have plugged in a cable to the mic jack which it used to (my normal head set is usb which is fine, but none of the jacks seem to work). I have tried re downloading the drivers and re installing them and nothing seemed to work. so I am at a loss (running windows 7 64bit) any help would be much appreciated, Thanks

-Matt

Blog Entries
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Hey sorry for the delay I have been out of town,

I tried downloading what you mentioned with no luck, any other suggestions ?

thanks,

Matt