Thread: Display Driver

Default Display Driver

My Toshiba laptop, a year old this April, is once again having problems with a Display Driver! About 3 mons ago, a man completely re-did my entire system! Said I had a virus! He downloaded the AVG 2013 Virus Protection for me & completely cleaned it out! It had crashed & would do nothing! Could this have come from Facebook?

Today, it did the same thing! The blue screen popped up & said something about the Display Driver & it shut down & came back up! Could this be a virus or is something wrong with my comp? I've been having problems with it since about 2 weeks after I got it home for my birthday!

I have Windows 7, Energy Star! Have no idea where to get any more info to help you out! PLEASE help! Can't live without my computer! LOL!

Thanks bunches...

Hi Lisa King

Welcome to Help2Go

First

Please provide the Model # of the Toshiba.

Locating Your Toshiba Model Number

This label is located on the bottom of your Toshiba Laptop, and should contain both the series and the model numbers, as shown.

Is the computer functional can you follow the exercise below, it will give us a better idea of what exactly is happening.

Lets see if we can see what's causing the Blue Screen

Download WhoCrashed
    This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.

• Put a tick in Accept then click on Next.
    • Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next.
    • Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon.
    • then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish.
    • Click Analyze
    • It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes

WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it.

• Copy and paste the Who creased report into your next reply.
    • Please provide the Model # of the Laptop.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Last edited by zep516; 02-19-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa King View Post
    My Toshiba laptop, a year old this April, is once again having problems with a Display Driver! About 3 mons ago, a man completely re-did my entire system! Said I had a virus! He downloaded the AVG 2013 Virus Protection for me & completely cleaned it out! It had crashed & would do nothing! Could this have come from Facebook?

Today, it did the same thing! The blue screen popped up & said something about the Display Driver & it shut down & came back up! Could this be a virus or is something wrong with my comp? I've been having problems with it since about 2 weeks after I got it home for my birthday!

I have Windows 7, Energy Star! Have no idea where to get any more info to help you out! PLEASE help! Can't live without my computer! LOL!

Thanks bunches...

Apparently it's crashed like 4 times since Nov & I didn't know it!

Hope these are the #s you need:

Satellite System Unit #: C6550-S5518
    Part #: PSC0YU-032029
    Serial #: 2C238118Q

On Sun 11/4/2012 11:25:43 PM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\110412-39639-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (atikmpag+0x745C)
    Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA80051384E0, 0xFFFFF88003B7445C, 0x0, 0x2)
    Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys

4 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)

product: AMD driver
    company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    description: AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
    Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

It won't let me down load this site, for some reason! Gonna keep trying! Thank you SOOO much for all your help!
    Lisa

Tried DriverAgent.com, DriverScanner.com & the atikmpag.sys site & none of them will download! Have no idea what to do next! I am so lost! Might have to put it in the shop anyway! Thanks again! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Lisa

Hi Lisa King,

Usually the next set of instructions is to send you off to the Toshiba site and download the latest driver for your video, display...... I'm going to suggest to take it in to the shop. So "many" users have had these complaints on this driver and reinstalling it does not help in a lot of cases, so I think the quickest way to satisfying results is to make a doctors appointment for the Laptop. Thanks for the Model Information, however I had some difficulty locating the exact model # on the Toshiba site. I'll leave you with this link, you might bring it to the attention of the repair shop, as well the information in Post # 4., That will be helpful to them and that way you go in somewhat educated too on the issue.

What Is Atikmpag.sys: Fix Blue Screen Of Death

I'd like to Thank-you for using us "Help2go", but sorry I could not directly address the issue here, other members may reply also.

Joe