Thread: scamperdog

Default scamperdog

Have an Acer 5253 laptop on windows 7. When I turn off my computer, if I unplug the power cord, the computer shuts down completely and will not start. I then have to pull out the battery and press the on-off button for about three minutes to purge the computer from all electriciy, put the battery in and plug the power cord in then wait several minutes before the ready light comes on, and the computer will start up. The power cord and the battery seem to check out, so I don't believe that's it. What's my problem.

Hi scamperdog,

Welcome to Help2Go!

Sounds like the battery may not be charging. When the laptop battery is in and the charger is plugged in, does it display as being plugged in and charging by the battery icon near your clock?

Take the battery out and only plug in the charger. Does it power on ok?

How old is this laptop? Is the warranty still good?

Other members might have some questions or advice as well. Please stay tuned...

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"