Default Video loading and playing

I have found that using Chrome (latest version) in Windows 7 I am no longer able to view videos on certain websites. On sites such as youtube videos play just fine but on other sites they begin to load and will just stop. I find if I go to Explorer I have no problems with these videos. However, I also have Firefox and it also will do the same on these sites. I have updated both problems and have the latest flash video.

This problem only began recently and before there were no problems. I don't know what I did differently.

I would appreciate any suggestions since I prefer Chrome to Explorer.

Hi josh5v,

See if this works for you.

Just right click on the video, go to Settings..., and under the first tab you should have a box that says 'Enable Hardware Acceleration'. Just uncheck it and refresh the page.

Thanks for the response but it did not change anything.

It still goes as it is attempts to load but nothing else happens. I also notice when I place the cursor on the button in the middle of the screen that begins the video the button turns red. When the cursor is off the screen it is white. I don't remember this happening before it stopped working.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I've seen others with the same problem. I believe that the sites you're not getting satisfaction from have not upgraded their sites to accommodate Chrome. I have not been using Chrome for similar reasons.

There may be other reasons for this, so stay tuned.

Thanks for the reply but Chrome used to work on these sites. I do not know what has changed. Interestingly I find that neither Chrome nor Firefox will play them but both Explorer and Slimbrowser will.