Default No Signal Input on Monitor but Computer is DEFINATELY on

Well yesterday I had auto windows 7 update which i postpone but abit later before going to sleep I shutdown my computer
    and it was installing itself properly.
    The next day i turn on the computer, I get nothing displayed on the monitor .

Till now I have done few things:
    reseted my Video card : 560 GTX
    tried diffrenet cables : DVI / AGV. I'm using a AGV cable with DVI adapter for video card connection at this moment
    was using before a DVI cable with no adapters

Test the Monitor with my laptop , and its working and displaying

I have to mention that the computer was working properly without any problems before and I dissasembled my old Video card and looks like i fixed the fan on it ( Geforce 9600GT ) but still haven't installed the video card in, i would like to keep it for the last .

Appologize for my poor english

Blog Entries

Gobo

Welcome

Can you access safe mode?

I am a little confused, but your did well with English

What language do you prefer?

You need to have drivers for the new video card

What cables are you using HDMI or DVI or VGA

Try a different cable if able
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by abseh1 View Post
    Gobo

Welcome

Can you access safe mode?

I am a little confused, but your did well with English

What language do you prefer?

You need to have drivers for the new video card

What cables are you using HDMI or DVI or VGA

Try a different cable if able
    Thank you, abseh1 for replying and trying to hep me.
    I appologize for the late reply as I took a nap because I haven't went to sleep as I tried to find out a solution.
    Thank you again for considering and taking care, I dont mind keep talking English .

The interesting part is : its not a new video card, it was working for long time, to be correct it was working sience 15.03.2012 ( buying date ).
    The problem started :
    While shuting down my computer it started to do win7 auto updates, and on the next time I tired to turn it on it didnt worked, I looks like it dont give any signal at all ( the video card ).

and here's some interesting news i found :
    1. I tired replacing the slots of the video card, but theres no diffrence and I'm prriy sure they are working as I installed my Old video card in them and I had no problems with it, well almost because I cant do much with that video card as its fan aint working and it heats up fast .

2. I tried connecting via mini HDMI( mini HDMI - HDMI cable) - HDMI goes for TV) to my second TV, and it actualy worked, it run up fix which it wasn't been able to fix but then it turned windows normally and all worked smooth, then while it was working i decided to connect my PC monitor as a second monitor to the PC and it also worked, then i decided to dissconect the first monitor (which is the TV ) and the card was seening the PC monitor connected ( PC minotor is connected with DVI connection ) as a second monitor so I unpluged it and replug it and viola it worked fine.
    after all that as it all worked properly and then i done a huge mistake :
    I tried to restart my pc, after the restart i got back to the old problem , wish i wasn't dumb enough and did some Restore before the restart ...

For conclusion
    The video card does not seems to give any signal to the TV / PC Monitor

3. I tried replacing my CMOS battery with some other one i found in my house, I have voltmeter so i measured it and it was 3.1V
    so i guess its fine as it more then 2.9V but the symptoms as still teh same

for the last :

I think i can acces the safe mod but im not sure how to do it blindley , because after so many restarts my computer deffentliy gives me the option to run a fix but i cant see it and pres continue

so I'm out of any ideas.

Forgot to mention : i got like 5 cables , tired them all out, its not a cable problem or the slots inside the pc or the video card slots for the cables, the video card fans are spining and seems to work but the video card dont give any signal to start showing any image on the screen

Blog Entries

If your system has a graphics card other than the on-board one:
    1 check if the monitor is connected to the right one, (I know it seems too simple...but often the cable is in the disabled card)
    2 check if the right graphic card is activated, in the BIOS turn on VGA while there
    3 check the cables and connections (which you already did)

Then go into the BIOS and try the on-board card if available & turn on VGA (check it again)
    (if you change to the on-board card do not to forget to change the cable to the on-board card)

Again if you have two cards it is easy to plug into the disabled slot (wrong card)

Also, in safe mode do a system restore to when all was well

Blog Entries

Often the resolution is set to high for the monitor....but this was for older monitors...not so much on newer computers

Really hard to say...hope you did not short the mobo

Sounds like the PSU too
    They're tricky because sometimes they can run fans and led's after they've failed.

If it turns on and stops when you press the power switch and then stays on when you press it again... it's may be the PSU
    ?

If your system has a graphics card other than the on-board one:
    1 check if the monitor is connected to the right one, (I know it seems too simple...but often the cable is in the disabled card)
    2 check if the right graphic card is activated, in the BIOS turn on VGA while there
    3 check the cables and connections (which you already did)

Then go into the BIOS and try the on-board card if available & turn on VGA (check it again)
    (if you change to the on-board card do not to forget to change the cable to the on-board card)

Again if you have two cards it is easy to plug into the disabled slot (wrong card)

Also, in safe mode do a system restore to when all was well
    Often the resolution is set to high for the monitor....but this was for older monitors...not so much on newer computers

Really hard to say...hope you did not short the mobo

Sounds like the PSU too
    They're tricky because sometimes they can run fans and led's after they've failed.

If it turns on and stops when you press the power switch and then stays on when you press it again... it's may be the PSU
    ?

I dont have On-board-card and i cant even see BIOS, the screen simpley does nothing , its waiting on stand by but it seems not to get any signal.
    and about your second comment : to be honest I didn't watch how the fans do react but i can tell that they are always working when i hit the power switch on, and when i shut the computer off they also shut off as they should be.

I got some idea but i may need some help with it.
    The old video card, GeForce 9600 GT, is working but not fully working, I mean that its fan are not working at all which causing the video card to heat up and then the famouse Blue Screen of Death ...

so i thought about getting my hair dryer and puting it on Cool air mod and try to cool the card while its working, but i guess its not stable so i got a second idea in which i use the GeForce 9600GT to turn on the computer very fast in safe mode and then run a Restore, while the restore is runing unplug the video card connectors ( but keep it in the Motherboard ) and let the restore do its job,
    but im not sure if the restore will work properly without any video card at all.
    I need your opinion on that idea, thank you alot for trying to help me out

Blog Entries

I Can not recommend putting a hair dryer near the computer...same as a vacuum not a good ides

Seems that you need to take the new card back and get a new one

Note:
    This applies to hair dryers too

It's bad to clean the inside of your computer with a vacuum cleaner because vacuuming creates a large static build up that could (and most likely will) discharge into the sensitive electronics inside your computer case. There are specialized vacuum cleaners designed for cleaning out computers and electronic equipment but given the limited amount of use a single user would get from such a purchase it's not a very wise one—they start at $300+ and can easily break the $1000 price barrier.

I Can not recommend putting a hair dryer near the computer...same as a vacuum not a good ides

Seems that you need to take the new card back and get a new one

Note:
    This applies to hair dryers too

It's bad to clean the inside of your computer with a vacuum cleaner because vacuuming creates a large static build up that could (and most likely will) discharge into the sensitive electronics inside your computer case. There are specialized vacuum cleaners designed for cleaning out computers and electronic equipment but given the limited amount of use a single user would get from such a purchase it's not a very wise one—they start at $300+ and can easily break the $1000 price barrier.
    Thank you for the advice realy appreciate it ,
    I guess i'll try my third TV tomorrow and see if it works with the 3rd TV but untill now I'm feeling like installing my GeForce 9600Gt 1GB with the broken fan, running safe mode and start up restore, then disconnection the card while the restore process is working so the card wont get over heat and make all the computer have Blue Screen of Death while the Restore process is working

but im not sure if it can work without the Video card disconnected, what do you think ?
    and for the last i may try to do a blind restore in safemode if it all failes i guess ill go and replace the card with a new one because till now it looks like the card GPU fails

Blog Entries

Oops!

I double posted....see the next post
    Last edited by abseh1; 03-15-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: double psoted

Blog Entries

Yes...I think it is the card too....by the events

Whenever you install a heatsink on a CPU or a video card, you always have to apply thermal paste
    (that could be your fan issue on the video card overheating)

It is very crucial to the performance of the heatsink. You could get a very high-end heatsink, and without thermal paste, it will fail to work in the way it was designed too.

It can be so many things...mobo, PSU...even re-seating ram

I seen it happen with overheating as well...sometimes the heat sink gets separated from the CPU and the paste
    (hands and arms and simply moving the computer on its side etc and bouncing while moving)

Since you have been in the case...check it all

More info
    Thermal Paste and How To Use It | techPowerUp