Default Windows error recovery screen

When I switch on the laptop I get the Samsung screen, followed by Starting windows screen, and then the black windows error recovery screen. On this screen selecting “ Start window normally “ loads the desktop. But closing and restarting results in the windows error recovery screen yet again.

The other option, “Startup repair” runs and then gives the option of system restore. If this is choosen then the “Startup repair” begins again.

This is a continuation of a problem for which I asked for help a few days ago, see “Laptop fails to start up” posted on 03-09-2013 08:08 AM. I thought the problem had been corrected by returning to a restore point. These restore points are gone. So I tried the “Samsung Recovery solution 4” but it did not help.

The laptop is a Samsung R530 with Window 7 Home Premium. I run Norton and Ccleaner.

Advice gratefully received!

Blog Entries

This will take your computer back to the day it was first sold

You need to have a data backup or see step 5

How To Perform A Complete Restore Using Samsung Recovery Solution 5 my samsung

Important: Make sure you have power connected to the PC. If power is lost during a restore, you need to start the process again from the beginning.

If you have data see step 5

1. Samsung Recovery Solution 5 prompts you to restart the computer to continue. Click OK to restart the computer. Warning: If you have data on drive C that you do not want to lose, stop now and perform a Data Backup.

More info
    http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...NP-R530-JA02US
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Thank you for this.
    I found that I could run Samsung Recovery 4 by pressing F4 following power on. This I did but problem persists.

I assume Recovery 5 is later edition. Will it apply to my older laptop?

Blog Entries
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer