Unhappy PC unable to start on first boot

Good day everyone, I have a problem with my co-team member's PC. His PC was unable to boot in first start-up . The monitor doesn't display any indications that it start, but the mouse and fans was starting.

After I long press the start button to turn it off. i press it again and it boot with display and it works. But I always do it everyday.Sometimes in the middle of his work the PC suddenly hang.
    Anyone knows how to fix this problem? We already tried to put thermal paste on the cpu. Conduct blower. Change VGA chord. Scan with Anti Virus but the problem always exist everyday..

Blog Entries

Have you replaced the CMOS battery....often called the BIOS battery?

Also, check the time in the BIOS...and after boot in Windows

Can you give use some computer info....make.. model... OS etc?
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

TIM (thermal interface materials) don't go bad, wear out, or need replacing UNLESS the cured bond between the CPU and heatsink is broken. That said, your symptom is one that is often caused by excessive heat. Are you monitoring your temperatures? Is the case interior clean of heat trapping dust?

While heat can rise to damaging temps in just a couple seconds, it does not typically happen when you first power on the computer.

What do you mean by "Conduct blower"?

A failing power supply is a common cause of the problems you describe. If me, I would swap in a known good PSU of sufficient power capacity, then see what happens.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────

Quote Originally Posted by abseh1 View Post
    Have you replaced the CMOS battery....often called the BIOS battery?

Also, check the time in the BIOS...and after boot in Windows

Can you give use some computer info....make.. model... OS etc?

we havent try to change the cmos battery since the time is ok.. . the OS is winxp

Quote Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
    TIM (thermal interface materials) don't go bad, wear out, or need replacing UNLESS the cured bond between the CPU and heatsink is broken. That said, your symptom is one that is often caused by excessive heat. Are you monitoring your temperatures? Is the case interior clean of heat trapping dust?

While heat can rise to damaging temps in just a couple seconds, it does not typically happen when you first power on the computer.

What do you mean by "Conduct blower"?

A failing power supply is a common cause of the problems you describe. If me, I would swap in a known good PSU of sufficient power capacity, then see what happens.
    we try to change power supply but it still shows the same problem. Blower means we use blower to remove the dust from the system i mean the motherboard and the casing

Blog Entries

Unbootable system tutorial - Geeks to Go Forums

Some more Options below:
    System restore may work if the problem is new and just started to be a issue
    How to restore Windows XP to a previous state

Repair the boot in WinXP
    10 things you can do when Windows XP won't boot | TechRepublic

If it is not malware or a virus you may need to try a clean install....IMPORTANT: to backup your data first

You can try a repair first but it will not remove malware or a virus
    How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

================================
    Might be memory or the graphic card/driver or monitor or simply a cable loose or bad...hard to say, without hands on and because the problem is intermittent

Try updating the graphic card drivers from the manufacturer's website
    Last edited by abseh1; 03-26-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer