Angry Computer won't display Log in icon (unable to login)

Hello, my laptop ( Dell Inspiron, Windows 7) will take a long time to boot then it will display the usual login scren (light blue with a green leaf and a white hummingird) but NOT the login icon in the center of it. Is there a way to enter? Pressing any keys does any difference, the computer just won't even twitch. Now what?

Please help, some very precious data is in danger..thank you!

Blog Entries

Below are some options
    Backup when able...You may have to do a repair install later

Dell has a diagnostics partition which also can be booted to check out the hardware using the key given on first screen; Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA) Diagnostics and Error Codes For Dell Computers | Dell

If it won't boot then you can download diagnostics to write to bootable flash stick here: Dell DIagnostics downoad

You can also work through these step for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot
    while will try everything possible to start the install, then if not show you how to copy out stranded files and run Factory Recovery or the superior Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Dell Restoring Your Computerīs Software to the Factory Settings

CREDITS: gregrocker...Win 7 Forums
    Last edited by abseh1; 03-23-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Blog Entries

This could be either because of the faulty Hard Drive or a Corrupted Windows Operating System. Testing the Hard Drive using Pre-boot System Assessment will help us identify the issue.

Please use the link mentioned below in order to find the details about how to run a “Pre-boot System Assessment” and the list of Error Codes and the details.
    Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA) Diagnostics and Error Codes For Dell Computers | Dell

In case you get any error code please let us know, if there are no error codes you can either try to reset the system to factory settings using Dell Data safe Local back-up or will have to re-install the Windows Operating System.

Remember a repair will keep your data and recovery (reset) will take you back to factory settings and no data
    ========================================
    Summary it may be a bad HDD or corrupted windows

SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer