Question Can I use an wireless adaptor for my PC

Hi there,
    After some advice.
    I have a wireless router that I am using at the moment. I use it with my laptop, which I have no problems with. My PC is not wireless enabled, so have to use an ethernet cable. Is there a adaptor that I can purchase and plug it into my PC to make it wireless enabled, so that I would not have to use a ethernet cable.
    Many thanks for any advice.
    Regards Kerry.

You can purchase a wireless adapter as shown Here. I tried one once and found it to be somewhat troublesome drop outs etc. I much prefer an Ethernet cable...

Joe

Hi Joe,
    May try it. Thanks alot.
    Kerry.

You're welcome. There seems to be a long list. Not sure what to recommend for you. When I run into that problem I figure the $30.00 one has to be better then the $14.00, Then I check my bank balance for help in the decision process

Joe

Understand an Ethernet connection is still the better solution in terms of performance, and security. That said, you can easily add wireless to any PC and keep it secured.

I would avoid the little USB adapters and opt for a card with external antennas. Since PC cases consist of a lot of metal, tend to have many wires and cables strung about, and because PCs tend to sit on or near the floor, adapters with external antennas can greatly improve RF reception and transmission signal strength - important if you have walls, floors, or ceilings (especially if they contain wires and metal pipes) in between the computer and the wireless access point for your network.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────