Default Microsoft Word failure?

Please could someone advise? I have a DELL desktop computer, I've installed Microsoft Office, Home & Student 2010 on the system, an original disc with the product key. The problem is, when I open the programme to create a document, I'm not given any editing options at the top of the page, everthing is blank? I can't even cut & paste from the internet? I'm given a message that the product key has been used too many times. When I've installed MS Office on another system, and used the very same product key, everything installs & works perfectly well, I have all the normal editing options, and I can cut & paste from the internet, so why can't I do it on the DELL, please can you advise what I have to change, configure, or make different so I can use MS office? Thank you.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Try this site, Microsoft Office 2010 Backup - Office.com it may work for you. There is a limit to how many installs you can make (3 I think) for the student version. Others may have further info, stay tuned.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck For This Useful Post:

You may need to call Microsoft for this. I agree with Canuck and you can legally install the Student on 3 computers (assuming you have a student or faculty member at a qualifying institution of learning in the household). Before doing so, you need to make sure it is installed only on 3, and if necessary, uninstall it from machines no longer used for Office purposes.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────