Thread: DSL Problem

Default DSL Problem

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me please, my broadband keeps stopping when the dsl light on my modem goes off,could you tell me if it something to do with my computer or modem or the my broadband provider talktalk please. lucyloo

Blog Entries

Call your ISP provider...they are usually quit helpful in the USA
    (lol...they may have an accent)
    Last edited by abseh1; 04-15-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Hi lucyloo,

Welcome to Help2Go!

This sounds like an issue with the router/modem and not your computer. If the light on the modem goes out it is an indication that you are not receiving a signal.

In the link below, please have a look at the troubleshooting methods.

My router ADSL light is off/flashing | TalkTalk Help

Here's another link where a TalkTalk customer had a similar issue and it turned out to be a underground cable.

DSL light on Openreach modem off for 5 days, no connection on fibre optic - The TalkTalk Members Forums

If all else fails I would contact the provider.

Let us know if anything in the link helps or what the final resolution is to your problem.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

my broadband keeps stopping when the dsl light on my modem goes off
    Yeah, I would say the light is going out to tell you you lost your connection. And I agree, contact your ISP as this sounds like an incoming problem.

You might try resetting your modem before calling (so you can tell them you already tried that). Generally you completely power off your computer - shutdown Windows AND switch the master power switch on the back of the power supply to off, or unplug from wall), then unplug the router (if you have one) then unplug the modem. Wait about 60 seconds, and plug in the modem. Wait for the lights to settle down, then plug in the router, then power up the computer. This resets your network.

I really don't think that will fix your problem, but as I noted, this is something the ISP will likely want you to do.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────

Hi All, Just a quick message to say thankyou for all your advice,contacted my broadband supplier who checked the line which was ok they told me to try another micro filter which i did and it now works fine, so thankyou to all for your help.regards lucyloo

Blog Entries

Your welcome...Glad all is well...abs
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer