Default 'Auto complete'?

Hi everyone, if this is posted in the wrong place please excuse me? My question is this, I'm running Windows7 on my laptop, whenever I log into my email account (and my 'help2go account actually), I always have to enter my full details (username and/or email address & password) every time I log in. I thought there was something you could do or set up or configure so that you only had to type in one letter & your details would be automatically completed? is this right or have I misunderstood somehow? If there's a way of doing it (which I'm sure there is) could you please explain? Thank you for your time.

Blog Entries

What email client and browser?

This is for most versions of IE

Adjusting AutoComplete Settings

To modify your settings for the AutoComplete feature or clear all items from the list of form or password suggestions, follow these steps in Internet Explorer:
    1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    2. Click the Content tab.
    3. Click AutoComplete.
    4. Click the appropriate AutoComplete check boxes, or click Clear Forms or Clear Passwords to clear all saved items from the appropriate AutoComplete history.
    5. Click OK, and then click OK.

To clear individual items from the list of form or password suggestions, click the item in the list of suggestions for that field and then press DELETE. The AutoComplete list automatically appears when you perform any of the following actions on a previously populated form:
    • Type the first character in the field
    • Press the UP or DOWN keys in the field
    • Double-click a blank area in the field
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abseh1 For This Useful Post:

Note too AutoComplete will not work after cleaning out clutter with Disk Cleanup, CCleaner or the like as AutoComplete entries are purged as part of the cleanup.

Of course, remember, many feel AutoComplete is a security risk because it can, if nothing else, be used to help determine your browsing history.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!
    MS MVP, 2007 - 2018
    ─────────────────────

whenever I log into my email account (and my 'help2go account actually),I always have to enter my full details (username and/or email address & password) every time I log in.
    As for when you login to H2G, look for the Remember me? option and place a checkmark in the box to the left. That should keep you logged in till your cookies are cleared. If you use Ccleaner you can add the sites to your exclusions list to prevent them from being purged. Might be the same for your email.

To exclude specific sites:
    Open Ccleaner and click on Options button then Cookies
    Click to highlight site in left pane then the > arrow button to move to the right pane.

I've never liked AutoComplete myself due to the security risk that Digerati mentioned above.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"