Talking windows 7 -- hard drive nearly full -- yikes !!!

Hi guys -- i have a 40 gb hardrive on this computer -- it is nearly full -- machine is about 2 years old
    I don't download music, videos........etc - i use this computer mainly for email -- browsing, yahoo chat and basic things --

would really appreciate some advise as to how to find out why this is so and how to fix it -

i have no real ''fix it '' computer skills as i am a mere female from oz --- lol ---------

any tips would be greatly appreciated - in layman's terms of coz --
    thanks heaps
    cheers

Hi shahbazi,

Welcome to Help2Go!

Let's see what's taking up all your free space.

Please download >>>TreeSize<<< to your desktop and run the program. Once the scan is complete, see if you can get me a screen shot of the results and either attach to your next post or upload the image to someplace like photobucket and paste the link into your next post.

If you'd like, you could also just write down the info and type it into your next post.

Thank you,

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Thanks Donna for your time and efforts - i shall try that program you sent me ----- (thats if i understand it all) Warned you i am not real -- internal net savvy ---------- and as for a screen shot -------- OMG LOL ------- you got me there also -----I have no idea - yep you heard me - no idea on how to do a screen shot -- (where has this girl been ) ecckk!!! lol --------
    thanks agian Donna ---

PS i love your words of wisdom on the end of your post ----- i use them myself -------- fabulous !!

Shahbazi,

You're very welcome!

Not to worry about how computer savvy you are or not. That's why we're here!

If it is easier to just write down what you see and type it into your post, then please do so. I just need to get an idea what is taking up space and where.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Hi shahbazi,

You ok? Let me know how I can you help, to help me, to help you in any way that I can. (hah! say that 3 times!)

Once upon a time, these good people here at Help2Go held my hand as they guided me through my computer problems. Nobody starts out as an expert. If you have any questions or concerns, please, don't hesitate to ask.

Donna

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DonnaB For This Useful Post: