Default MS removal tool Blaster/Nachi end of life - removal problems

Secunia PSI has detected MS Removal Tool Blaster/Nachi (C:\WINDOWS\system32\blastcln.exe v. 5.1.2600.5512) as end of life.

The removal solution offered by MS doesn't work and there are some fairly involved discussions on the Secunia forum about how to remove it, none of which seem to work either.

I'm not getting a clean score on my PSI scans while this is still hanging about but getting rid of it, as recommended, doesn't seem possible. Would it be safe to just ignore it for future scans, or does that build in a potential security problem (i.e., if it should become vulnerable or if a solution to removing it should ever appear?)

Of course, if someone actually knows how to remove it completely that would be great!

Thanks
    Steph
    Today is the dawn of another error ...

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.4GHz;
    RAM 8.0 GB;
    Windows 7 Home Prem SP1 64 bit
    Firefox; IE11

Hi Steph,

Please pardon me for saying, but this is very interesting to me. In my research I have found that the MS Removal Tool Blaster/Nachi was released as Windows Update KB833330 on January 13, 2004 to conquer the Blaster/Nachi worm that reared it's ugly head in late 2003.

I found info here under Resolution. Here, the best answer to resolve this was posted by JohnW as found under ✔ Best Answer. JohnW goes on to say in Post #2:

Secunia is telling you it is out of date, which means you probably hav'nt installed SP3 or you hav'nt got the latest MS updates.
    Check to make sure all WU's are installed. If so, I feel safe to say that it is fine to set Secunia to ignore the program.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DonnaB For This Useful Post:

Thanks for looking into this Donna

The second link you posted (JohnW) said it probably shouldn't be removed. I double-checked and I definitely have SP3 and all MS updates installed so, as you say, it's probably safe to set Secunia to ignore.

Thanks again - I didn't want to do that until I'd checked out whether it would be OK - at least I'll have a clean scan now!

Steph
    Today is the dawn of another error ...

Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.4GHz;
    RAM 8.0 GB;
    Windows 7 Home Prem SP1 64 bit
    Firefox; IE11

You're Welcome Steph!
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"