Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: IE10 locks up

Default IE10 locks up

Hi, My IE10 keeps locking up. The screen goes feint and I get the circle thing as if it's doing something. This persists for 20 or 30 mins before it comes back. Also I get a tab revert to a message that says IE10 has closed the website to protect my computer. I get this on a number of websites and on nothing I would think was dangerous.

MBAM found nothing. Here is my SAS log:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
    SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

Generated 06/21/2013 at 01:48 PM

Application Version : 5.6.1020

Core Rules Database Version : 10550
    Trace Rules Database Version: 8362

Scan type : Complete Scan
    Total Scan Time : 02:16:45

Operating System Information
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Service Pack 1 (Build 6.01.7601)
    UAC On - Limited User

Memory items scanned : 556
    Memory threats detected : 0
    Registry items scanned : 71615
    Registry threats detected : 0
    File items scanned : 78699
    File threats detected : 39

Adware.Tracking Cookie
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\7XT3O8BU.txt [ /a.intentmedia.net ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\PCTYKJ0D.txt [ /aim4media.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\4ZB3GAD0.txt [ /collective-media.net ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\UY44XPAC.txt [ /track.adform.net ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\P2SFU8JB.txt [ /revsci.net ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\6KGCRF20.txt [ /se-sportsnewmedia.videoplaza.tv ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\O3IN8ZY8.txt [ /ox-d.footballmedia.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\GJMP83ET.txt [ /invitemedia.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\IY7YZCK9.txt [ /ads.undertone.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\I6H10865.txt [ /mediaservices-d.openxenterprise.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\8UFNN1NI.txt [ /statcounter.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\7CSDTX3U.txt [ /www.googleadservices.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\HD2CMM0D.txt [ /www.googleadservices.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\V6FX5YRC.txt [ /ad.360yield.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\MS2U96YT.txt [ /histats.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\M1QNDRNG.txt [ /adxc.clubcall.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\0MRH9IN8.txt [ /ads.proboards.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\6KVN1A79.txt [ /martiniadnetwork.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\J8QUE5SG.txt [ /yieldmanager.net ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\DBAXJYY7.txt [ /ads.pubmatic.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\P2GOPWJR.txt [ /adform.net ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\KRUXK1R9.txt [ /at.atwola.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\PQ1MH5YK.txt [ /in.getclicky.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\XZLGNKSD.txt [ /adformdsp.net ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\GZLLAK7L.txt [ /casalemedia.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\T5XEBCQ1.txt [ /amazon-adsystem.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\96CBTRGM.txt [ /virginmedia.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\MVSM6BFG.txt [ /server.adformdsp.net ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\CTCK6OES.txt [ /ads.adk2.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\O82J0DYX.txt [ /realmedia.com ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\R0XINB6B.txt [ /revsci.net ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\UQZR5U1Y.txt [ /yadro.ru ]
    C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\GZ7RY8CH.txt [ /ads.pubmatic.com ]
    media.mtvnservices.com [ C:\USERS\STEVE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\Y6R9LX99 ]
    se-sportsnewmedia.cdn.videoplaza.tv [ C:\USERS\STEVE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\Y6R9LX99 ]
    secure-uk.imrworldwide.com [ C:\USERS\STEVE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\Y6R9LX99 ]
    secure-us.imrworldwide.com [ C:\USERS\STEVE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\Y6R9LX99 ]
    tag.mediashakers.hiro.tv [ C:\USERS\STEVE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\Y6R9LX99 ]
    video.unrulymedia.com [ C:\USERS\STEVE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\Y6R9LX99 ]

Did anybody see this request? I put it in spyware help. it then got moved to compeuer help but I now can't see it?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Try resetting IE10

Click your "Start" button then click "Control Panel" and click on" Internet Options", click on "Advanced" and then click on "Reset".

Sequence again is : Start-Control Panel-Internet Options-Advanced-Reset.
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

I couldn't find that in control panel (windoze 7) buy I did it from the tools menu in IE10. I did also have the same problem in IE9 before the upgrade though.

I did also get a message this morning saying that a java upgrade was available but when I tried to upgrade, it told me that I already had the latest version

Blog Entries

It is possible that even if you have installed the latest version of Java, your browser may not be able to use it because it is not enabled. This could happen when you install other applications that also install Java and the vendors do not want to change your browser settings. However, it is always a good idea to use the latest version of Java to ensure you have the latest security fixes and enhancements.
    If your browser is not using the latest version you have installed, you will need to enable the latest version of Java in the Java Control Panel.

Scroll to Win 7 for the Browser enable in the link below
    Update Java runtime settings on Windows

BTW: Java is very insecure and not recommended but if you need it make sure it is updated
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Moderator Forum Moderator evilfantasy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MickKnipfler View Post
    I did also get a message this morning saying that a java upgrade was available.....
    Message from what?

Quote Originally Posted by MickKnipfler View Post
    .....but when I tried to upgrade, it told me that I already had the latest version
    What is 'it' ?

Our help here is always free but it does cost money to keep the site running. If you feel we've helped you, Please Donate to the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by evilfantasy View Post
    Message from what?

What is 'it' ?

The little 'up arrow' icon next to my clock (win 7)

IE10 is still playing up. I keep getting messages saying that web pages are not responding with a 'recover web page' button. Sometimes I get the message saying that the webpage has been closed to protect my computer

Another problem I have is that sometimew when I turn the sound down, the grey speaker icon in the center of the screen doesn't go after. Then if I try to turn the sound up, the bars move up but as soon as I take my finger off the 'up arrow' the bars go back down

IE is still locking up

Hi MickKnipfler,

Were you able to reset IE10 as pointed out by asbeh1? The little reset button he spoke of is at the bottom right of the dialogue window he pointed you to. At least that is where is it found on my W7, IE10.

There's also a MS FixIt here that you can click on to reset IE.

This issue can be caused by a malfunctioning or malicious add-on. Resetting IE10 "should" fix that. If not, try the following:

Click on Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Security tab and under Security level for this zone uncheck the box to the left of Enable Protective Mode (requires restarting Internet Explorer). Click Apply > OK > OK

Make sure to close IE and re-open the browser again.

Let us know if that helps.

Donna
    Last edited by DonnaB; 09-10-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast