Default Dual boot windows8 and windows7

hello to all,
    i have Dell inspiron 15R N5520 with windows 8-64bit preinstalled.is it possible to put an operating system(windows7)on a usb flashdrive and run it?
    i am not much comfortable with windows 8 and need to run some programmes on windows7 also i do not want to downgrade to windows 7.whenever i want to capture video with pinnacle studio linx hardware,the laptop gives blue screen error and shuts down but the hardware works better on windows 7 installed on my other laptop(compaq presario CQ50-139WM).So if i put windows7 on a 16gb pendrive and set first boot device as pendrive,will it work and save my video on built in hard disk?
    on pinnacle site the support for pinnacle studio linx hardware is given upto windows 7 32 bit.and in inspiron windows 8-64 bit is preinstalled which doesnot accept the hardware.
    thanks in advance.
    regards

Blog Entries

There may be a way but not with 32 and 64 bit hardware..I don't think?

Also, unfortunately the USB pen will only work on the original computer using Win 7...I could be wrong there too?

The only problem with this approach is it doesn't support booting on different computers as well.
    =======================================================================
    Not your question but ... There is a Windows 8 To Go (Enterprise version only though) is a lot better in this respect.

It installs drivers on the first boot to a new machine, and then uses the setup on subsequent boots.
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Blog Entries

Summary

I don't think so since each OS install is tied down to a certain degree to the hardware from drivers to register's to work

But you can make a USB boot disc for your specific computer... it just won't work on other computers

Maybe someone knows better?

Many thanks abseh1.I want the device to work only on one computer(Dell inspiron 15R N5520).Will it be ok if i install windows7 on pen drive and boot from it?
    I think i need to try experiment and check.
    thanks for reply

Blog Entries

My Pleasure