Default No signal on monitor but computer is on (I hear volume and window sounds)

So while I was playing league today, my monitor just freezes and closes. The light stays on (power) and the music stays on in the background. I then had to hard reset and after doing this a few times, I noticed it won't work. Now my PC takes like 3 mins for the motor to start after I start it.

Behind my harddrive, there are 2 ports. The first one is where you plug the VGA in. I used that one before I got my new graphic card.
    The second one is where I installed my graphic card, then added this fat grey thingy then connected my VGA cord to it. This is where it was when it crashed. I'm using the first one now and its working but I have no graphic card which means I can't really do anything other than surf the web.
    While it is in the port with the graphic card, it enters power save mode right away and it says that no signal detected. Please press button on keyboard. (which dsnt work)

What can I do? Did my graphic card die?

What I mean is that the VGA cord is plugged into the port which uses no graphic card. I am using that but the resolution is huge and I can't do anything.
    Last edited by Kathameetha; 07-07-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Anyone here want to help me out? :O I want to play some games.