Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Computer will not boot

Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion Elite-000 Series, model HPE-510F. It stopped working as it does not start it gets stuck at the blue screen before showing desktop which never shows up. I tried to press F10, F11 to get it in recovery mode but does not work. I tried to do a system recovery but cd will not load. What else can I try?
    Thank you in advance for our help.

Pina

Hi Pina,

Which Operating System is installed?

Was the computer experiencing any issues prior to this occurring?

Please include a bit of history prior to this travesty.

Are you able to get to the Advanced Boots Options menu by rebooting the computer and pressing the F8 key prior to (or as soon as) the HP logo screen appearing? If so, do you have the option to navigate with your arrow keys to select "anything" presented?? You should be able to access the recovery partition by clicking on Repair your computer from there.

Off to work here, myself. One of the other members will be able to guide you further in my absence.

I'll check in today after work to see if anything has been accomplished.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Thanks for your reply Donna.

The computer is fairly new almost 2 years, operating system is Windows 7 home premium. It has not had issues. My son told me it just crashed. I tried 'Repair your computer' and all the other options as well. I tried to boot from CD and it will not read. I tried them all tonight as well and nothing seems to work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again.

Pina

Hi Pina,

Sorry for the delay. Had to look into something and ask a friend to confirm my thoughts. Try the instructions in the following to test for hardware failures:

Testing For Hardware Failures (Windows 7 and Vista)

Let me know the results.....
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Good morning, just did what was asked this is what I got

Hi Pina,

It appears not all of your post submitted above. Could you resubmit the info please so I can see what the results were?

Thank you,
    Donna

Ooops sorry, my picture didn't uploadphoto.JPG. Can't see that it uploaded, but the results are:
    CPU Test - Connection test - Boot test - S.M.A.R.T.Test - Memory Test- all passed.
    Then press 'R' to reboot and back to the same problem.

Thanks for your time.

Pina

It did upload this time and I was able to see the results. We've eliminated the possibility of a hardware issue.

Earlier you were able to get to the Advanced Boot Options menu. Are you able to access the desktop from there by navigating with your arrow keys and selecting safe mode?

If you can, go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore and see if you can restore the computer to before this happened. You started this thread on Jan. 9th. Count backwards to the day this happened before you started the thread and choose a Restore Point.

Please note: The System Restore while in Safe Mode can not be undone as it can in normal mode.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Hi Donna, this is what I got tonight after pressing the Fxx. I always end up with the blue screen with a glimpse of a black box that last a millisecond.
    I cannot go on the desktop and I can't load the recovery cd. Thank you so much Donna for the time you are taking to help me fix this.

Thank you
    Pina

Boot to BIOS setup (might be F2) and make sure it is configured to boot to the CD-ROM first then try the disk again.

Exactly what kind of disk do you have? Is it the recovery cd that came with that computer?

You don't happen to have an actual Retail Win7 disc do you or could borrow one from a friend??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast