Default Updating drivers

Hi all

As you know I am running XP Pro and will soon have to change to Windows 7 or 8
    but in the meantime and prior to the change I want to update all my drivers as much
    as possible anyway.
    I intend to use my xp for personal use, document keeping, printing, off line games etc, etc
    but would still like to get it as fully up to date as possible.
    Can you advise on a quick, reliable and easy driver updater programme so I don,t have to go
    through the tedious task of looking up for each item and searching for drivers.

Any advice is gratefully appreciated

Best regards

Cremora
    Windows XP Professional Version 2002, Service Pack 3 Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU, E5200 @ 2.50GHz, 2.52GHz, 2.00GB of Ram.Used Space 10.3GB, Free Space 222GB, Capacity 232GB.

Member Spyware Fighter

Here is one tool that would help some
    You can use the Secunia Online Software occasionally to help you check for out of date software on your machine.

Here is another one:
    DriverMax
    " Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Spware Help forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.
    HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
    Thanks-

I would run grade advisor if are thinking about trying to upgrade XP to Windows 7 first:

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows

Hi fireman4it & Chakotay

Thanks for your input.
    I did download both Secunia and DriverMax (Secunia refuses to open and continuously loads)
    in fact it's just hanging & DriverMax did find a number of outdated drivers but will only allow
    me to update 2, if i need to update more i must update to the PRO version.
    I uninstalled both Secunia and DriverMax.

I did run both Windows 7 & 8 upgrade advisor for curiosity more than anything and it would
    appear as though both would be fine but lots to update etc on my machine.
    I have opted to purchase a new laptop and use my desktop for other things offline.

Thanks guys and your advice is always appreciated

Regards
    Cremora
    Windows XP Professional Version 2002, Service Pack 3 Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU, E5200 @ 2.50GHz, 2.52GHz, 2.00GB of Ram.Used Space 10.3GB, Free Space 222GB, Capacity 232GB.

Sounds like the best option to me. So many things may not be able to be updated.

Hi Chakotay

I tend to agree with you, but to put the 'cat amongst the pigeons' I have just
    discovered that there is serious chatter about a Windows 9 to be released in or
    around April 2015. Although it is still unconfirmed and no official statement I think
    I might be wise to hang on until later in the year before doing anything.
    It could also be possible that to get Windows 9 you will have to have Windows 8/8.1
    but again that's only a theory.
    Thanks once again

Kind regards

Cremora